For example (using "l" as long and "i" as short)
Starting at zero - l i i i i l
.05 cc would be between the "l" and the first 'i" - which I believe is what you said.
Hope this helps and is not making this more confusing. You are on the right track.
Say Dilly, who is supposed to get 0.044ml for her weight accidentally gets too much? I could be off by a bit and could accidentally give her 0.057. Would I hurt her with an overdose?
Dily's weight today is up .1 oz. She's at 1lb 15.3.
I feel awful putting it off even though none of the GPs seem itchy or uncomfortable.
I may wait until tomorrow though. There is a nurse living across the street and a doctor that normally lives next door but he's not in his home yet because of storm damage. Maybe one of them will be willing to help me but honestly both are fairly self centered and I doubt it.
Dilly is showing more hair loss, now it's on her right side, the same side I feel the mass (cyst?) on.
What really made me decide to go ahead and not wait for the smaller needles to arrive though is that she is now showing some redness and irritation on the large bald spot on her back and on another patch near her neck.
I'm confident I got the dose really close and am comfortable with the procedure.
Sorry the picture is fuzzy. Today she wouldn't sit still and seemed a bit uncomfortable to have me messing with her irritated bald area. More reason to make me thing she has mites. She is still going to the vet for a check-up and to see about that mass I'm feeling.
You are still right to go ahead with the ivermectin. If there are mites, this will make a huge difference.
I took a few pics of Snowflake when she was having her spay but I ended up feeling awfully funny about it and took fewer than I thought I would and watched instead from a distance. It's hard when it's your pig.
If you do, get good description of the suture material, etc. I still hope to do a few pages on lumps. This could be one of them (the lump part).
Oh, and better pics of a spay would be fine too. I should collect the ones I took. You could probably take much better ones.
One of the good things about surgeries is that they use really good lighting :-)
It's been a few years so I don't know if I'll be as capable of it as I once was but I'm always the own who remains calm and level headed when an injury happens no matter how bloody or serious.
She has had her 2 Ivec treatments but she is no better. I didn't think it was mites anyway, but she is worse.
She has suddenly dropped to 1.14.6 lbs.
I can still palpate a marble sized lump where her right ovary should be, no change in shape, size or density that I can tell.
Her hair loss is much worse. It has spread to her sides which of course seems more indicative of a hormonal problem. But along with the hair loss (which extends to her front legs) she also has a raised discoloration.
On her right side it is more on her side, close to the chest. The right side is much more raised.
The left side is bigger and more on her upper front leg
his is a view of her chest and belly from a slight right angle. You can see the hair loss extending to her chest and belly along with the raised discoloration
Any further ideas are welcome. It is possibly a fungus? or has she just been licking and chewing herself into irritation?
Maybe someone else will have ideas.
If it's caused by outside irritation then she would be the one doing it to herself. I have noticed some short, broken hairs on the bald patces on her sides that suggest some sort of barbering.
Hopefully my vet will know. He's very good so I have faith in him.
I'll ask him about wrapping her.
Dilly does have an ovarian cyst on her right side, a little smaller then a marble. That should be what is causing the hair loss.
The raised discoloration is a secondary infection most likely caused by her licking/chewing/barbering of herself. She is possibly doing this because the cyst and hormonal imbalance is causng her irritation. It does not look like scratching because there is no tearing of the skin.
She is being treated with hormone injections. The hormone is Lupron. She will be getting a series of 3 injections. 1 every 2 weeks. we should start seeing improvement by next week.
For her secondary infection she is on .55ml of Bactrim twice a day for 2 weeks. The infections will also be treated topically with Silvadene 2xs a day. I will start wrapping her if she continues to lick and chew at her sides.
That's where we stand right now. I will keep people updated as far as the success we have with hormone treatment.