buccal pad separator emergency

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:02 am

No, this was the first time I'd used them. I was going to check Spot's mouth - thank goodness I didn't.

Personally, I'd never touch these things again, although I would make the one's discussed elsewhere, using the rubberized coating.

The instructions only showed a pig wrapped in a towel. They said to insert the small one closed, and then open it horizontally in the pig's mouth. I did that, and it worked - it pulled the buccal pads out of view. I had trouble getting the top ones in, because I hadn't figured out the angle, so I went to remove the bottom ones (the top ones weren't in) to look at them again and see if they were maybe upside down (it said nothing about orientation of the curly pieces).

I have yet to contact Vedra with all that's been going on.

I think there should be a very strong warning on the page. Since rosemary smyth experienced something similar, this doesn't seem to necessarily be a freak accident.

I should add that this pig does seem to have a very small mouth - although she's a pretty big pig. I notice that when I'm handfeeding, I can't get the syringe into the side of her mouth easily, because she doesn't have a big space there.