GI Upset

rshevin

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:26 pm

You're all very, very kind to me. I appreciate it very much.

My other pig, Smudgie, seems ok. I did a short goodbye. Do any of you have recommendations for when I should clean the cage? I plan on leaving it full size for him. He deserves it.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:32 pm

I always do my cage cleanings after a death as soon as I can. More for me, not the other pig(s). I don't know why, but it seems to help bring closure, whether I expected the death or not.

Usually I rearrange the cages, but with only one, you might just want to rearrange the stuff in it. Again, what I do is more for my own acceptance of what happened. Smudgie will let you know if he's sad. Give him extra scritches from us.

Knhappyface

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Oh no. I'm so, so sorry. Piggy was so special. Maybe it was a blessing that he passed away peacefully and his suffering didn't drag on.

Brenda B

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:58 pm

I am so very sorry.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:18 am

Oh rshevin, I am so very sorry :(

I loved Piggy; he was so cute and plump and just plain adorable.

RIP sweetie!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:52 am

I'm very sorry rshevin. Piggy was a great joy in your lives and will be greatly missed.
Sleep well Piggy.

I'm the same as slavetofuzzy, I do cleaning soon as I can or I'll just start another flood. Rearranging has seemed to help our remaining 3, though I always leeve a spot of remembrance for the pig(s) and put something with the scent of the one passing. They do visit the corner an seem to grieve and leave it when they are ready, at least here.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:11 am

I'm sorry about your Piggy.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Oh no, I just saw this thread. I'm so very sorry. I know how much you loved Piggy and he knew too. He was such a special guy. I will miss your stories about him and his adorable face. Hugs to you and Smudgie.

slfalzone

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:26 pm

I am feeling your sorrow having lost Teddy on Monday. I am so very sad to hear that you lost your piggy too. They were about the same age. I will add Piggy to my prayers - he and Teddy will be In Heaven bounding through the grass, chasing the girls as my 8 year old daughter has informed me!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Oh rshevin, I am so sorry. Rest well little Piggy.

slfalzone, I'm also sorry you lost your Teddy.

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm sorry, rshevin. Rest well sweet boy. I know that smell, Fudge has it right now. I'm thinking it may be acidosis, anyway it worries me.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:37 am

I'm sorry, Rshevin. He was so beautiful.