GI Upset

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun May 24, 2009 9:30 am

:( Poor Piggy. Hope he continues to get better. Scratches on eyes hurt. I remember getting something under a contact one time and it scratched my cornea. OW! And yes, light bothered me for several weeks.

rshevin

Post   » Tue May 26, 2009 2:15 pm

::sigh:: I'm stuck at work and realized I forgot Piggy's meds this morning. I'm a crap mom. I do think we'll be back at the vet this weekend. It's still really read and owie looking. I was thinking about switching this metacam from evening to morning since light is painful, but if I'm goign to be this forgetful in the am, it isn't worth it (got 4 hours of sleep last night). My poor Pig-a-chunk. :-(

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Aw, poor Piggy. I'm sorry it's still hurting him. You're not a crap mom! Kishes to the little man.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue May 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh, you're not even remotely a crap mom.

Both of my girls got a corneal scratch and they had an eye patch (for I don't remember how long). Too bad that wouldn't work for gp's. They'd probably eat it.

Sending healing vibs Piggy's way.

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 2:39 am

Your not a crap mom! Further, I needed help with a gassy pig, and POOF here was your link. More like a momentarily distracted good mommy to me.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Piggy passed away this afternoon.

I had him at the vet because his foot had suddenly swollen up massively. When they put him under the anesthesia to xray and aspirate the area, he stopped breathing. I love you my sweet, chunky baby boy.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Oh no. I'm so very sorry for your heartbreak. Piggy was a very special and well-loved boy. He will be missed.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:57 pm

OH NO! Oh, rshevin, I am so so so sorry.

Topaz

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Oh rsheven, I'm so sorry. I know how much you loved him. And I'm sure HE knew that as well.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Oh no, I'm sorry.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm so sorry Rachael. Did the vet have any idea at all what happened? I feel as though I lost my own with Piggy's passing.

Hugs to you and Smudgie. Rest well sweet Piggy.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:26 pm

He really was a very marvelous little Piggy. He took very good care of me and I can only hope he was happy. He seemed happy.

Bugs Mom, the vet thinks he may have aspirated, but I don't know. He was looking very poorly for no real reason I could tell. His eye was weeping in addition to the swollen foot. I attributed that to not being able to groom himself, but you never know. He also smelled funny. I couldn't tell you how, but I held that baby for many, many hours. I know the smell of him and his poo and his pee and he smelled different yesterday and today. I think he was probably very sick. I know he wasn't a young pig, between 5 and 6 years old. I'm not doing a necropsy. He'll be buried in my parents' yard this afternoon.

Thank you for all your thoughts everyone. It hasn't really sunk in, but maybe in my heart I knew it was coming.

happyhoppy

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:28 pm

Oh no rshevin!!! I'm so sorry, I have no words.
He was very much loved. (((Hugs)))

GP Estates
Supporter in '08

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:46 pm

I am so sorry rshevin, how terrible to lose him and especially with no warning. I'll be thinking of you and of Smudgie....

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:59 pm

I am so very sorry, rshevin.

My best guess: kidney decline, then acute heart compromise. I seriously doubt he aspirated anything ... it's possible, but the foot swelling sounds more to me like an immediate heart problem.

Both of these come with age and there is absolutely nothing you could have done ... except what you did. Hold him, and let him know he is loved.

khb1582

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:23 pm

So sorry rshevin!

Katrina
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:04 pm

I'm so sorry rshevin.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Oh, I am so very sorry, rshevin. He was such a great little pig.

Lovemypig

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:49 pm

I am so sorry to hear this.

tashab

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Sorry :(

633 posts