Pistachio's having his eye removed

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:49 pm

I am so glad he is doing well. He is so cute.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Dr. Faust has a lot more experience than Dr. Selig, I think. However, in the last two years, I've been taking the pigs and such to Selig when I can't see Riggs (out of town a lot).

I'm much happier with faust. Not only his work he does with the animals, but as a person, too. I just have a good relationship with him.

cacosta

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:38 am

Dr. Faust is awesome. He sees my kitties and didn't hesitate to give me a call when he wasn't seeing piggies but I wanted advice on Peggy Sue. He's an incredible person and very easy to talk to.

truffie
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:47 am

I printed out the directions to his office already, and will definitely give him a try next time I need to take one of the girls in. I very much prefer vets who are as good with people as they are with animals. Riggs is nice enough, but not warm and fuzzy in the least.

Wheekers3

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:37 am

Poor Stachi, How is he doing?

I am curious as to how they closed that up. Is it sutured or glued or what? It has to feel better than before.

Is he on antibiotics?

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:14 pm

Pistachio is doing really well. The eye is glued shut. He is not on any antibiotics.

If anyone would like to contribute to rescue costs, you may do so through paypal or by sending a check to our PO Box.

Ohiocaviesrescue@sbcglobal.net is our paypal address

Our PO box is:
Ohio Cavies Rescue
c/o Erin Moore
PO BOX 294
Mogadore, Ohio 44260

We have about 130 guinea pigs in house and roughly 100 of those are adoptable. We use about $35 a week in bedding. $28 a week in food. $15 a week in hay. Plus veterinary and other odd expenses. We've just replaced about 25 water bottles as well, which was about $110. Any contribution is very helpful!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:44 pm

These are from yesterday afternoon

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:25 pm

He looks great, Erin! Hope it heals up just fine.

Pooka and Pixie

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:08 pm

Looks like he's healing up well! Give him a kiss for me and tell him he's beautiful!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:24 pm

Pistachio is looking very handsome even in recovery.
I am not familiar with any eye-removal injuries, but the wound looks "clean and crisp".
Get well soon little Pistachio!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:30 am

Pistachio had some pus coming from the eye yesterday. He started on antibiotics. Still looks great. He's eating like a pig and back to his old kiss-my-azz attitude we all love so dearly.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:02 pm

I'm so glad he's recovering well. He's a handsome little guy.