Soft poop: what the vet said

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:02 pm

"Imagine the weight of a fart..."

Now that sounds like the start of a great philosophy book. :-)

"That is a tough one. I guess you could try letting her eat on her own for a while."

This is what I would do. Very, very cautiously. Let her go and see how much her weight drops. It might drop some ... then stabilize. Wouldn't that be great.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:24 pm

I think pinta said her pig would balloon up and gain 3 ounces without reglan. Her pig was on it permanently. Not sure if gas was in the mix or what the weight gain was exactly. Food maybe?

As far as syringe feeding her I'm not sure if the actual motion is causing gas (air in the syringe) or the way she's digesting the CC itself.

somechick

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:01 pm

We lost her tonight.

luvmypigs2

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:07 pm

I'm so sorry you lost her!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:10 pm

Oh, no. I am so sorry. You did everything you could for her.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:16 pm

I'm so sorry. You gave it the good fight. You really did. My condolences on your loss. Gosh, I'm just really sorry.

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:18 pm

I'm so sorry.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:27 pm

Oh, no, somechick -- I am so sorry! You have struggled so long to get her back to good health. I am so terribly sorry you lost her.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:31 pm

What?! What happened, somechick? Oh no.

Becky

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:29 pm

Oh, my. I'm so sorry.

I strongly urge you to do a necropsy. Not only will you get some answers, but the vets will learn from your precious pig.

I'd bet the grocery money that something more than gas was going on here.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:41 pm

Oh no! I am so sorry. You tried so hard for her and did your best.

Fweeprluvr

Post   » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:06 am

Oh my God! Oh, I am so so sorry. You guys have just been through hell with this, but even so, this had to be a shock. I was thinking about her at work today, racking my brain again for something that would be the miracle cure. I kept feeling like there was something we were missing, something simple that someone would finally come up with, but obviously it wasn't simple, because you certainly did EVERYTHING.

Please know that we are all saddened by this and send our love to you and Mr. somechick. She could not have had any more loving or devoted parents.

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:41 am

I'm sorry, Somechick.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:38 am

I'm so sorry.

mab0615

Post   » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:59 am

I'm so sorry.

Ctbean

Post   » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:02 am

I'm so sorry.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:11 am

Oh no - I was really shocked to read this!

What happened?

I know you must be devastated, but I really second the idea to get a necropsy. After all you went through together it really might put your mind at ease to get some answers.

I'm so very sorry for you, and I can only imagine how dreadful you must feel right now.

barb5417
For all Wonkys & Winkys

Post   » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:18 am

I"m so very sorry for your loss.

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:20 am

I don't know what to say. I am so sorry for you and her mate. Although I know you are hurting now, she is free from pain and running in the parsley fields able to eat all she wants. She knows how hard you tried and how much you loved you. rest well little one. Take care.

lisam

Post   » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:43 am

Oh dear. I'm so sorry. I hope that you will be able to let us know what happened.

602 posts