Another hooting pig - Llewelyn

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri May 02, 2008 9:32 pm

I am so sorry Mum. He did have some wonderful years at your home. How is Heddwyn (I'm sorry if I spelled that wrong)?

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Fri May 02, 2008 9:37 pm

I'm sorry mum. I remember how neglected they were when they came from Carson.

He had a few good years thanks to you.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Fri May 02, 2008 10:02 pm

Mum, I am so sorry for your loss. He was avery lucky little guy to have you looking after him.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri May 02, 2008 10:21 pm

Oh, Mum, I'm so sorry he's gone. He was with you for such a long time.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 8:52 am

I am so sorry Mum. It sounds like his heart was severely compromised - more proof, as if we needed it, that behavior tells the story about heart pigs, not necessarily traditional diagnostics. He had a great life with you.

Suisan

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 9:53 am

I'm so sorry that he's gone, Mum.

Isn't it amazing though how *little* that diagnostic X-ray reveals in regards to soft tissue morphology? I'm shaking my head over that.

Certainly his life was happier and longer for having spent it in your care. Go dance in the parsley fields, little guy.

Take care of yourself, Mum.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 10:50 am

Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts.

Heddwyn is quiet. Since he's neutered, I'm going to try putting my one remaining pig, Snuggles, together with him today. She's been lonely since Goldie died a few months ago; but I knew this day would come soon, so I'm just hoping they will bond - or at least tolerate each other.

klynne

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 10:55 am

Oh no, I was afraid when I saw this thread bumped, that this was why :-(

I'm sorry Mum.

Thanks for helping him have peace--drowning is miserable and I'm sure he appreciates the rest and peace.

You are down to two piglets?

mab0615

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 12:35 pm

I'm sorry for your loss.

EllieMom

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 12:49 pm

I'm so sorry. This is a very sad time. Like Amy, I think Llewelyn and Heddwyn were two of the first pigs I got to "know" on GuineaLynx. Through your love and care you kept him alive and happy longer than anyone would have expected, especially given what the necropsy found.

Also thank you for sharing the findings here. You may have saved another pig's life. Based on all the problems that didn't show up on Llewelyn's x-ray, I'm going to lobby even harder with my vet to treat my Oreo with medication despite the "all clear" on her x-rays.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2017

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm sorry about Llewelyn.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2014

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 4:14 pm

I'm sorry you lost him.

sef1268

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm sorry, Mum. He was so lucky to have found you, though. Undoubtedly the heart meds helped extend and improve his quality of life.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 8:47 pm

I'm sorry, Mum.

tiggyswift

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 9:05 pm

I'm so sorry Mum. Know he had a wonderful life with you.

mmercedesmom
Supporter in '09

Post   » Sun May 04, 2008 8:17 pm

Oh Mum, I am so sorry for your loss. I have been having a hard time bringing myself to read the medical forum lately. Llewelyn was a lucky boy indeed to have found you and had a great life with you. Rest is peace little guy.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun May 04, 2008 9:22 pm

All of us who have heart pigs thank you, Llewelyn. You have taught Mum and the rest of us a tremendous amount, and have saved and extended the lives of many others. For that we thank you, and wish you Godspeed and safe passage.

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Sun May 04, 2008 9:45 pm

I'm sorry Mum. I am in awe with all the things you did to keep him going. He sounded like a good pig and a fighter.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun May 04, 2008 9:48 pm

You're so right Talishan, Llewellyn has left a great legacy behind for many of our little ones. Every one of our heart pigs who lives even just a little longer owes him a debt. I'm so sorry he had to leave us though.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 12:21 am

Thanks so much again for all your kind thoughts.

Heddwyn is now living with Snuggles. He wishes she would be a little more snuggly, but she tolerates him, and he hopes that one day he will be able to win her over. I'd never seen Heddwyn with another pig other than Llewelyn before, but it turns out he's a really nice gentle boar - who can tolerate a bit of a princess :-p

I'm pretty sure Heddwyn knew he was losing his buddy some months ago.

165 posts