Should I worry? Lazy "rag doll" pig

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 am

Good news about her eye! Hope she continues in relatively good health (with the medications).

poppypiggy

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:25 am

Thank you, Lynx! She is in good spirits, at least!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm glad Poppy is doing well as she is and is in good spirits. Being in good spirits means a lot!

poppypiggy

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Thank you, C. Cole-Chakotay! Yes, it *does* mean a lot!

Image In August Poppy and Pippi spent much time outside, and here they came around the corner to see if I had some treats.
I'll post a few more pictures in the Random Piggie Thread

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:05 pm

What a lovely pair of pigs!

poppypiggy

Post   » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Thank you, C.Cole-Chakotay! They are my seniors - Poppy turned 6 some time around the beginning of this month, and Pippi will be 6 around the end of March next year. I hope to have them around another summer or two - at least!

poppypiggy

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:42 pm

I had been planning to post on how well Poppy has been doing over the winter. But when I came home from work on Friday she was breathing heavily, her usually pink nose was grey and her paws almost white, so I knew it was her heart that bothered her. I took her to my wonderful vet, and at first we thought she could have a chance to fight it off, as some oxygen and a furosemid injection seemed to help her. But then she suddenly turned around, and could hardly breathe at all. An x-ray was taken, and it showed that her lungs were almost filled with fluids. As sad as it was, I had to take the hard decision to let her go.

I am very sad now, but grateful that I could live with her for nealy six and a half years. I am also happy that she, thanks to GuineaLynx and a good and cooperative vet, was diagnosed with heart decease three years ago, put on proper medication and given this additional time.

Image Thank you for these wonderful years, Poppy. You are my flower!

pinta

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm sorry for your loss but happy for all the extra time and the long life she had.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm sorry. Rest well sweet Poppy.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm so sorry. Poppy was a very beautiful girl, and she knew how much she was loved.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Oh, I am so sorry, poppypiggy. What a wonderful life she had with you.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:54 pm

I am so sorry you lost Poppy! She truly was a beautiful piggie!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:19 am

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. I remember her pictures. Poppy always looked like she was similing in them.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:52 am

Godspeed and safe passage, Poppy. You are loved and will always be remembered.

You did exactly the right thing. We had one in a similar situation.

I'm very glad, for her and for you, that you have the vet that you do and were able to give her so much more good time. That counts for a lot.

poppypiggy

Post   » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Thank you for your sympathy and comfort, all of you. I appreciate it very much.

It's true Poppy used to smile. Except when she had taken all her medication and got impatient because I was late with the treats she new she deserved. She made this soft teeth chatter at me until she got whatever snack I had for her - and then smiled again. I think she knew exactly how special she was!

I know I am very lucky to have found this vet, and I treasure that extra time she helped me get with my girl.

Isn't it strange how such small paws make so strong impacts on our hearts? I will never forget her.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:33 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Poppy. I also have a heart pig that has been on medication for nearly four years - she wasn't even a year old when she was diagnosed.

I'm glad you had the extra time with your little one. She looks like she was a really sweet girl.

poppypiggy

Post   » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Thank you, C.Cole-Chakotay. Poppy was a very sweet and patient girl, and I loved her dearly.

I wish for many more good years for your heart pig!

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was so adorable. Lucky that she had many more years to be with you and have your love.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:13 am

I'm so very sorry you lost your beautiful Poppy. She was very well loved and I'm sure she knew it.

poppypiggy

Post   » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 am

Than you JudiL and Cinnabuns mom. I miss her, but am glad I can look back on many happy times we spent together.

Lynx helped me make a new avatar with Poppy's smiling little face. Thank you, Lynx!

281 posts