Need fast help with Bailey

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:24 am

And here's a direct link to closeup pics provided by Erin:

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 019#438019

CICSTEVE

Post   » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:41 am

Lynx, This is a great pic. Bright Eyes eye was alittle worse then this and the eye drops and oitment cleared it up in about 4-5 days.. Good pic.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:11 pm

KM, how is Bailey doing?

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:26 am

ChelesGP, Bailey's eye was nearly twice that size. It was so swollen I thought it was going to pop and the upper lid was stretched to the point of ripping. It was unbelievable, and I can't believe I didn't take any pictures!!

It still has gunk. I'll take pictures today of the gunk before soaking and cleaning, and then after.
THis is done twice daily, so this is what the eye looks like each time before I clean it.

We are on day 20 after surgery. I've been in there three times and they keep telling me it looks great.
I'm not seeing much of an improvement after changing to the Baytril, and she is still on the terramycin ointment twice daily.

I'll take her back in tomorrow and demand....what? I think we've done all I know to do.
She still eats great and isn't losing any weight at all. She doesn't act like she is in any pain.

ChelesGP
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:39 am

KM, you might want to contact Erin. Here's her thread on Pistachio's eye. I don't know how long Pistachio had drainage after his surgery.

Sorry, but I have no clue what you should ask for at the vets. Maybe different eye ointment and another antibiotic or combo of oral anitbiotics? Sorry I just don't know. I never had this problem with Missy.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:02 pm

I took pictures but my program is not working and I can't find them and get them in. Sigh.

rshevin

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:15 pm

I wish I had more advice for you. All I can do is send love and good wishes to Bailey.

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:33 pm

I think chloramphenicol penetrates pus. It may help.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:31 pm

I wish I knew enough to help. Sending best wishes to your poor girl.

ChelesGP
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:02 pm

KM, how's Bailey doing?

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:37 pm

Sorry for the seriously long delay in updating this thread. Bailey's socket was still weeping and creating pus. It is just the weirdest thing, each day I would flush and get nothing, and I would apply the terramycin ointment and she was on Bactrim for 3 weeks, then we switched to Baytril.
Every morning I would go in, and there would be this small amount of gunk. It was not abscess material, it looks like dried snot. It would take about 5 minutes of soaking with a warm wet cloth to remove it, and it would come off like a hunk of mucous.
Took her back in on Tuesday, and we put her on chloramphenical oral and BNP ointment. She has been on this now for about 5 days and FINALLY it seems to be working!

She has never quit eating and is not in pain. It will be 6 weeks Tuesday since her eye was removed, and it looks like this morning was the first day since then that her eye is not goopy. Homestretch, perhaps? I sure hope so!

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:04 pm

I had better luck with bnp ointment too regarding eye issues. Chlor seems like it can penetrate anything. Good luck on the homestretch to Bailey and you KM.