Pippin's Tummy Troubles (Long)

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:29 pm

Same here. Since I worked 12 hours today, I may have a nice lunch tomorrow.

Pandora got lots of veggies.

I still have to be VERY careful with Pippin's.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:31 pm

I am more and more convinced this is a tooth problem. Pippin’s appetite has increased, his poops and pees are near-perfect and his farting/tummy gurgling is practically zero. A couple hours ago I gave him and Pandora each a romaine leaf (Pippin seems to tolerate it better now). While Pandora ripped into hers like a buzz saw, Pippin tore his apart strip by strip and nibbled. It took him a LOT longer and he didn’t even finish the whole leaf.

Also, it used to be when I gave him parsley he would eat the curly leaves and leave the stems. Now it’s just the other way around – he usually eats just the stems and not the leaves. And he eats hay one strand at a time, like spaghetti.

Any input? Thanks!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:07 pm

My poor baby! Pippin was doing pretty well when I got home from work around 9:30 AM ET – weight up a little, slurping up Critical Care etc. Then when I picked him up around noon to feed him I noticed something sticking out of his butt. I thought it was a butt crayon or a piece of Carefresh but it turned out to be his penis. It looked a tiny bit red on the end but he didn’t seem to be in much pain. As of around 5PM ET it hadn’t gone back in.

I did a forum search and found out this is a relatively common problem in older boars. Then I called the emergency vet and she said to bring him in rather than waiting for his regular appointment Tuesday. So I am taking him in when I get off work at midnight.

To make things more fun, I have not heard from the mold people. And I have my period and am bleeding like a stuck pig, no pun intended. And a guy I’ve been crazy about called three times today. I didn’t answer and he didn’t leave any messages.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:28 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry that you and Pippin are having such a rough time. I hope the vet can give some advice about his penis issue.

I'm thinking about you both.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:29 pm

Thank you.

He didn't seem to be in pain when I left him, but the woman on the phone said not to wait. Especially with his other issues.

I feel like saying "G-d, do you hate my pig?"

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Hang in there JaneDoe. I know sometimes life can get really rough but trust me, eventually things will settle to a more normal routine. In the meantime, kisses to you and Pippin.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:52 pm

Thank you, Bug's Mom.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:01 pm

My mom is so funny. She said "who is this person who sends kisses? Male or female?"

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:06 pm

We're both girls : )

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:06 pm

I told her that. I told her Ladybug was very cute, not sure whether I had ever seen a pic of you.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:21 pm

Actually, we're both "old ladies" and as long as they are just virtual hugs/kisses she has nothing to worry about. On the other hand all piggies are made to be kissed all the time!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:25 pm

True that. Poor Pandora has not had the attention she should, but I tried to sneak in some cuddles and kisses anyway.