Pippin's Tummy Troubles (Long)

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:31 pm

Hopefully it's not a biggie. Sometimes they come out and stay out (might need cleaning) but with a gentle push, they'll go back in. It might have gotten irritated from gunk or from just not being irritated.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:32 pm

Unfortunatlely for both of us the world is Pippin's toilet. He likes to poop and pee on the bottom of his cage/carrier and lie in it.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:57 pm

It turned out it was covered with gunk and plugged up. The vet tech soaked him in something and it came out with Pippin peeing profusely. Vet noticed some crystals, told the regular vet to do a bladder X-ray just in case (she attributes it to all the Critical Care I've been giving him), also some points on his molars.

I take him to the vet tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. Please pray taking care of his teeth will take care of things -- he is now pooping and peeing great, but chewing funny and eating a LOT more slowly than "baby" Pandora.

Also, the mold guy finally got back to me. I was originally told it would take two days and cost 1500 dollars. Now I'm told it would take four to five days and will cost ten thousand but they will give me a "discount," bringing it down to 7600.

Please pray for Pippin and me. Thanks

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:03 pm

You definitely have my prayers. I know how stressful this can all be.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:06 pm

Of course you and Pippin have my prayers.

What changed the mold estimate? Can you get an estimate from another company??

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:23 pm

I think the guy is trying to rip me off. I have been told by my mother and neighbours this is an exorbitant price.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:52 pm

I think so too and that's why I asked. I think he figures he's got a sucker who doesn't know any better. I hate contractor's that do that.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:15 am

Did you get an itemized list of costs? Of precisely what they would do?

Is there removal of sheetrock and replacement?

Personally, I would wipe down all the walls and floors with a dilute bleach solution and then get a nice anti-mold sealant paint for the walls. I think there are some great bathroom paints. This is assuming you do not have any water sources that would cause more mold.

Look over your belongings also and remove anything moldy. Or at least clean with dilute bleach.

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:58 am

I am no longer nauseous, now I just have a headache.

Pippin's "tummy troubles" have pretty well resolved themselves and now look more like "Pippin's tooth troubles."

The vet did some skull rads today and found what looks like "swelling" in his right jaw, possibly an abscessed tooth. At worst it would be an osteosarcoma, but that is rare in guinea pigs.

Pippin goes in to the vet's around 7:30 AM ET. He will be sedated and have all the Critical Care goop rinsed out of his mouth, not sure which will happen first. Then the vet will do a thorough examination of his oral cavity. She will then fine-needle aspirate the swelling. If it is an abscess or other infection, as she suspects, he will get a course of antibiotics.

Please pray this is treatable.

Also, I made an appointment with the mold guy for next Wednesday the 5th. The Wachovia guy sez mold clean-up is all that's holding us back now -- closing date could be as early as December tenth. Pray that goes through, too.

Thanks!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:05 am

Jane Doe, we are crossing our fingers and holding our paws for you and Pippin.
I hope all will go well tomorrow, and the vet visit would bring answers and a good course to recovery soon.

And of course, you too, hang in there! :)
The house will be done and closed, AMEN!

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:14 am

Thank you, Momo. The pigs will stay at the vet's during the mold clean-up.

I will probably stay here.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:54 pm

Still holding good thoughts for both you and Pippin.