I take him to the vet tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. Please pray taking care of his teeth will take care of things -- he is now pooping and peeing great, but chewing funny and eating a LOT more slowly than "baby" Pandora.
Also, the mold guy finally got back to me. I was originally told it would take two days and cost 1500 dollars. Now I'm told it would take four to five days and will cost ten thousand but they will give me a "discount," bringing it down to 7600.
Please pray for Pippin and me. Thanks
Is there removal of sheetrock and replacement?
Personally, I would wipe down all the walls and floors with a dilute bleach solution and then get a nice anti-mold sealant paint for the walls. I think there are some great bathroom paints. This is assuming you do not have any water sources that would cause more mold.
Look over your belongings also and remove anything moldy. Or at least clean with dilute bleach.
Pippin's "tummy troubles" have pretty well resolved themselves and now look more like "Pippin's tooth troubles."
The vet did some skull rads today and found what looks like "swelling" in his right jaw, possibly an abscessed tooth. At worst it would be an osteosarcoma, but that is rare in guinea pigs.
Pippin goes in to the vet's around 7:30 AM ET. He will be sedated and have all the Critical Care goop rinsed out of his mouth, not sure which will happen first. Then the vet will do a thorough examination of his oral cavity. She will then fine-needle aspirate the swelling. If it is an abscess or other infection, as she suspects, he will get a course of antibiotics.
Please pray this is treatable.
Also, I made an appointment with the mold guy for next Wednesday the 5th. The Wachovia guy sez mold clean-up is all that's holding us back now -- closing date could be as early as December tenth. Pray that goes through, too.
- Obey My Authority
I hope all will go well tomorrow, and the vet visit would bring answers and a good course to recovery soon.
And of course, you too, hang in there! :)
The house will be done and closed, AMEN!
The vet found a point on one molar which she trimmed. One incisor looks discoloured and misaligned. The "swelling" she noticed yesterday is bigger. She aspirated it and said the cells looked more like fluid and pus, but not malignant. She sent them the a lab.
Pippin is now on an antibiotic. Vet is not sure what to do about the incisor yet. She called Dr. Scott Stahl in Vienna and his partner Dr. David Crum and is asking for their advice.
Dr. Stahl says the incisor should come out but he does not need to do it -- Pippin's own vet can. However, he prefers that she wait until Pippin has been on the AB for a week before pulling it.