Henry's Thread

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:01 pm

Sorry to seem kind of dense, but to be sure of how you want to change it, can you post how you want that post to read?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:11 am

You're not dense. It's confusing (thanks to yours truly :-P)

"To recap, for JoePig and others who have asked about Actigall dosing, this is what we have so far. (Tracis, please check me and make sure I'm not missing anything when you have a chance.)

Protocol #1, from Dr. Ella Ahearn, Animal Hospital of Sandy Springs, Atlanta, Georgia:

Mix 1 300 mg capsule in 4 mL of liquid. Administer 0.25 cc's of this once a day for 4 days. After that, administer 0.15 cc's of this daily.

Protocol #2, from Vicki of Jack Pine Guinea Pig Rescue's vet:

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 93#1237793

Mix one 300 mg capsule Actigall/Ursodiol with 2cc liquid.
Give 1/2 cc (.5 cc) once daily for 8 days

Then mix one 300 mg capsule Actigall/Ursodiol with 4cc liquid
Give 1/2 cc (.5 cc) once daily for a 1-2 months or until stone or sludge is confirmed gone by X-ray.

After that administer lower (weaker) dose once every other day indefinitely if it seems to have helped.

Protocol #3, from Dr. Miller for TWP and TWP_2's Henry:

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 69#1462369

Henry started out on 0.5 mL of a 150 mg/mL compound for eight days. After that, he has been on a maintenance dose of 0.5 mL of a 75 mg/ML compound once a day.

I am assuming all protocols are using a 300 mg ursodiol capsule. This contains a powder that readily mixes with water."

I am really sorry to be such a PITA. I just don't want any casual reader to overdose their pig.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:57 am

This is wonderful, Talishan!

Protocol #2 was also used successfully by Dr. Ridgeway for Valentine:

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 12#1427912

"The dosage we used was:
Mix one 300 mg capsule of Ursodiol (Actigall®) with 2 mls of mixing liquid, give 0.5 cc orally one time a day for 8 days, then mix one 300 mg capsule of Ursodiol (Actigall®) with 4 mls of mixing liquid, give 0.5 cc orally daily for 1 – 2 months.

Sincerely,
William V. Ridgeway, Jr., D.V.M.
Long Beach Animal Hospital, Inc.
3816 E. Anaheim Street
Long Beach, CA 90804-4005"

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:36 am

This is good information. Is there any way to create a cross-link back to this thread from the Stones page?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:52 am

I edited her earlier post with a link back to the new post.

Tracis, do you have an actigall thread in the Records forum? What you could do is copy Talishan's info (or you could do it, Talishan) and add Tracis info with pertinent links added.

It is a real bonus for links to have some of the advice quickly available to read. I could also link from the stones page to an actigall records thread.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:10 am

Super. I'm faxing this info over to my vet this morning as an "FYI." Thinking it would be good for her to have a jumpstart on it now, vs. waiting until one of our guys actually has another stone.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:43 am

In the Records Forum now:

LINKS - Actigall® / Ursodiol

I'm still adding other links at the end of the page.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Looks great! I'll go add a link to Actigall thread in the guide. Maybe you can also add the Dr. Ridgeway quote you found to your links thread? (it looks most helpful)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:09 pm

p.s. I also updated the stones page with a link to your link and changed another Tracis link from the forum one to your new Records one.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Thank you, Lynx. I added Dr. Ridgeway's quote, too.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:08 pm

The work you both have done looks just great. Thank you for making coordinated sense out of my mess. :-p

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:15 pm

Ditto, Talishan.