Henry's Thread

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:31 pm

You can syringe the water if you can't make a vet visit. Are you not set up for subq's at home? I think the liquids would be very important for him with this medicine. Poor Henry!

Does he have pain meds? If not, you can get some along with his subq at the vets.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:34 pm

I tried the syringing of water but he wouldn't participate. I'll give it another try and see if I can get him to drink. Poor guy.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:43 pm

Does he like Pedialyte better? Or water with a touch of tasty juice?

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 pm

Has Henry been on Shilintong?

TWP_2

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:05 pm

No, no shilintong. We considered it, but we do not want to add any other drugs to the mix at this point. We want to give the actigall every possible chance to do its job without interference.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:54 pm

When I came home a little after 8 p.m., Henry was napping, but he looked comfortable. About an hour ago, he was munching on hay (which he hasn't been doing much for a couple of days) and drinking water.

His urine appears clear right now.

After I described the super thick sludge from a few days ago, Dr. Miller wondered if that might have been most of the stone, but we decided not to torture Henry with an x-ray today. He's scheduled to go back on Friday.

cavykatie

Post   » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:48 am

C'mon Henry, get rid of that stone pronto!

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:44 am

Keep drinking Henry. Hugs.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:40 am

Glad your boy is feeling better today. We are all eager to hear about his x-ray. It would be wonderful if the stone actually dissolved! I'm really hoping for this miracle.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:50 pm

Me too! I don't think Actigal works for all pigs. I hope yours is the exception.

TWP_2

Post   » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:44 pm

His urine is light pink to orange right now, rather than the red bloody urine he has produced frequently over the past few weeks.

I keep praying that this works.

Piggster

Post   » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Sending positive vibes to Henry. I really hope you continue to see an improvement in him snd that the Actigall breaks this stone up.