Henry's Thread

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:27 pm

I visited with our local vet, and she said what it comes down to is that Henry most liked died from kidney failure.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:26 pm

I don't know if you'd like to add your necropsy report (and your vet's synopsis of kidney failure) to the necropsy section of the Records forum with a link back to this thread, but you are welcome to do so.

www.guinealynx.info/

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:29 pm

I'd be happy to. I also requested a copy of Gilbert's report, because we thought it was strange that we had two pigs with spots on their lungs, so I'll have that one to add, too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't remember if you've signed up for the forum. Use your same board name and email and I will activate you.

GuineaPinny

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:01 pm

TWP and TWP2 I just saw this. I hesitated to post if it would still be difficult to receive condolences-I'm so incredibly sorry though. I hope it's all right to say. He was such a legend-a piggy that saw the y2k scare, of all things. What wonderful caretakers you must be.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:07 pm

Thanks, GuineaPiggy. The pathologist told our local vet that they'd never done a necropsy on a guinea pig as old as Henry. I suspect it was as valuable a learning experience to them as it is to us.

(PS. I don't think there's ever really a time limit on kindness.)

ellenvega
Skol Pigs!

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:11 pm

I just saw this thread too-don't spend much time in Medical.

My condolances to you guys, he was lucky to have you for the last few years of his life. Sleep well, Henry.

TWP_2

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:34 pm

One of the most important things I take from that necropsy report was that, other than his kidneys and some mild lung issues, he was in great health. Heart, liver, brain...

A ten year old pig, in great health. Yes, we lost him, and that hurts tremendously, but someone may be looking at his information someday trying to decide whether a 6 year old pig is good to adopt, or whether an eight year old pig could be a candidate for surgery.

Age should not be an automatic disqualifier for adoption, medical care, or surgery.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:50 pm

And that's what we're all here for-the good of all pigs. Past, present and future. Thank you for sharing Henry's life and passing with us and all the information (although, like Debi, I do not understand the medical terminology!).

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:40 pm

I do not understand the medical terminology

I understand a lot of it, but I've been googling many words, let me tell you!

EllieMom

Post   » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:44 pm

That must have been a hard read for you. BUt one thing I noticed made me smile--he was eating until the end. That has to be a sign that he was happy and comfortable.

EllieMom

Post   » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:44 pm

Double post--sorry.