Henry's Thread

TWP_2

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:24 am

We will, but probably not for a couple of weeks at least. We'll keep him on the Vetprofen and Actigall regimen as long as he stays stable, comfortable, and healthy--and, thankfully, he is all three right now.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:30 am

I do so hope the Actigall works!

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:35 am

What a trooper he is! To be in such good spirits despite the big stone, and being 9!

I'm so hoping the actigall works as well.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:25 am

Has anyone else noticed how different the urine smells after taking Actigal for a while?

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:17 am

I was just checking on Henry. How is he doing now? I worry about that sweet guy.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:46 pm

So far, we've found two small oddly shaped pieces of stones in the cage. Both times, he didn't look like he felt very well for a day or so, and then the little piece of stone came out. He passed a piece of stone earlier this week and now he's eating ravenously and drinking lots.

I'm not sure if these are little stones is making in addition to the big one, or if these are chunks of the original stone. I will take him in for another x-ray next week; right now, I need to worry about Tom's abscess.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:26 pm

Did you notice that Pigginess updated her thread on Valentine, with the details of her treatment?

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42376

I do so hope the Actigall is helping him.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:51 am

If nothing else, I will say that the combination of the Actigall and Vetprofen has kept him very happy and comfortable. Frost still sleeps at Henry's feet, but Henry is bouncy, perky, demanding, and eats like a horse. He's also drinking plenty of water. Even if the stone doesn't completely resolve, this combination of medications seems to be doing wonders.

Before we started this course of treatment, I really figured Henry wouldn't have more than a week. He was clearly uncomfortable, and Jim and I were preparing to make tough decisions. But here we are, nearly six weeks later, and he's active and happy.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:13 am

Hooray for Henry. He could live to be the ripe old age of 9 or 10 at this rate! I think having a young cage mate helps keep him young too.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:16 am

Good news about Henry. I hope things keep working well.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:57 pm

Henry, you are such a good boy. I am so glad you are doing better.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:02 pm

I am so glad Henry is doing well!