Henry's Thread

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:18 pm

Too bad we didn't figure it out until now. Poor guy was doing really great, and now he's really bloated again.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Dangit!! Poor Henryman!! Poot with all your might little man!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Yeah for little Henry, the mystery is solved.
And the best part, no meds involved!

Katrina
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:32 pm

I'm glad you figured it out. Feel better Henry!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:40 pm

Give him a little simethicone and some Critical Care?

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:54 pm

Henry is back to having a really bad time of it. He was making perfectly normal healthy poop as recently as yesterday. Today, he's horribly bloated and not pooping.

We've started him on Reglan (sp?) and he's made a few little poops, but he still looks miserable. Frost has been hanging out at his side all day.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:03 pm

We have an older (may be as old as 6+) intact female who has to have smaller portions of fruits and vegetables more often. I think Dr. Miller's first idea/comment still has merit.

We give her pieces of redleaf and greenleaf that are about the size of a nickel (!!!). Of course, she gets more than one, but they're spaced out as we go around the room.

Give her a piece the size of about 1/3 a dollar bill, and she can get very uncomfortable for a while, at least.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:14 pm

HELP!

Henry's situation is escalating. We came home from a late dinner to find that his rear left leg wasn't really moving, and when you stroke his left side, his body spasms.

Is this a problem with a motility drug? A stroke?

He was making perfectly normal poop yesterday, and he's passed some today, so I don't think we're dealing with an obstruction.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:32 pm

We had trouble with Cisapride (Propulsid), but not with Reglan.

Is Henry walking, eating, drinking? Is he awake, alert? Paying any attention to Frost, or not? Does he have nystagmus (eyes fluttering, twitching, not focused)?

Keep him warm. If you have a Snuggle Safe disc, warm that and put it where he can get to it (but get off of it if he gets too warm). Make sure he can move before using it.

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 pm

Oh no. That doesn't sound good. I have no medical advice but wanted to wish you two and Henry well. Is he moving his leg now? Is he eating or moving around?

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:50 pm

Henry is alert and interacting with Frost. He let Jim syringe him some water. He is paying attention. His eyes aren't twitching - they are focused and followed me around the room. He seems to be able to move his back leg, but not in a normal manner.

We called Dr. Swenson at K-State. She said based on what I described and without doing an examination, the problem could be that the gas build-up is causing his abdomen to expand and possibly irritate a nerve or cause a lactic acid build-up which then causes muscle cramping. She told us to give him some metacam to help with the pain and to give him some amounts of critical care, as well as keep up the Reglan.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:14 pm

Sending hugs to Henry and you all! Hopefully, he'll be feeling back to normal, soon. It's hell to grow old.