Henry's Thread

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Oh, I hope it helps!

Henry and Frost look very happy living together. :)

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Henry and Frost look very happy living together. :)

Yeah, finally. The Frostmonster when through a rough adolescence. Very sulky and spent a lot of time yelling, "You're not the boss of me!" and slamming doors.

TWP_2

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Henry had his first dose of Celery-flavored Actigall. This is a long-term treatment, but hopefully we will see some results within ten days. Diana says our vet sounds very hopeful.

It would certainly be nice to have a non-surgical option.

crazycheryl

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 pm

I do so hope it works. I can't stand the thought of Grandpa Henry having that stone. Good luck and we'll keep all toes and fingers crossed.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm fairly sure it took a couple of months to work on the pig I told you about?

Keeping my fingers crossed!

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Dr. Miller said that she wanted to see Henry again in a couple of weeks to see if there was any progress, but that it would take at least a month.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:10 pm

Let's hope it took a couple of months, because they started out with a lower dosage.

I hope Henry shows great progress in 2 weeks!

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Poor Henry. I hope for a speedy recovery and that the stone will be gone soon.

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:46 pm

I sure hope the Actigall works too. It would be nice to finally have something for all the piggies with stones. Surgery is so hard on them and sometimes not feasible.

You go Henry! We are all rooting for you that this is a success.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:01 pm

I figure this won't still be an option for all pigs. Widget had that stone adhere to the opening of his urethra. And Gilbert had a bunch of other things going on that made his health bad. But it would be really nice if, for the piggies like Henry who are otherwise healthy, there was a non-surgical option.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:05 pm

Henry received his third dose of Actigall last night, and about four hours later, he urinated some really thick grit. He looked like he felt a lot better after it came out. I'm hoping that means that the Actigall is working, and not that he's now producing a lot of sludge, too.

This morning he displayed a monstrous appetite. When Jim took him his lettuce and some critical care, he wolfed it all down, and then snuffled my hand looking for treats.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:09 pm

WOO! Hope this keeps up!!!