Henry's Thread

TWP_2

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Henry about has himself groomed back to normal (getting that eye-protecting-goop out of the hair around his eyes has been a goal of his, apparently).

He even looks younger to me now. He looks more like when we first brought him home in 2006 than he has in quite a while.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Henry is just one determined little guy. Keep up the good stuff and don't get sick again.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:06 pm

How long do we need to keep him in his own little cage? He's starting to act stir-crazy.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:40 pm

Just my opinion but since he's doing so well if you don't think anyone will mess with anything, I'd put him back either now or in the morning.

rshevin

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:27 pm

I think I kept Piggy isolated for 3 days and then I remodeled the C&C cage to be "barrier free." I pulled up the ramp and made a hay bin from a litter box where I cut the sides down to the bottom so he could walk in. (He jumped over the sides anyway.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:37 pm

Their cage is all one level, so I don't have to worry about a ramp. If Henry hears Jim or me walking by the door to the downstairs, we hear, "Wheek wheek wheek wheek wheek wheek!" Until one of us goes downstairs. Then we find him standing against the side of the cage or dancing in circles. Jim found that he turned his pigloo to face Frost.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:57 pm

We removed the temporary wall and Frost immediately launched into chasing and humping Henry, which we figured was a little much for him. So I adjusted the wall so Henry would have more room, but I think we're going to have to keep them separated just a little while longer.

TWP_2

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:58 pm

Experiment one is aborted--too much dominance display, and I don't think Henry needs to deal with being sniffed and humped.

So, we expanded the convalescence area so they each have a 2x6 for now. A few more days, and if the incision site looks 100% on track then we'll try again--with a fresh cage cleaning to remove the scents.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:33 am

Some good news. The vet called this morning to say that Henry's urine culture didn't grow anything, so there was no sign of infection.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 am

Good!

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:06 pm

Glad Henry is doing so well!

TWP_2

Post   » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:11 pm

Everyone is bedded down today due to the weather, but I took Henry out for some lap time. He seemed to enjoy it a lot, but when I put him back in he repeatedly called my attention to the cage divider (keeping him and Frost apart) and nudged my hand.

He's so darn smart, and he wants that cage divider out of there so he can go back to being with Frost.