Henry's Thread

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:45 am

That is amazing. I wish I had known about Actigal when Zachary was going through all of his stone issues. :(

What dosage is Henry on?

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Wow. Henry is a champ, and what a cutie! I'm so glad he's doing well.

EllieMom

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:30 pm

yay, Henry! I get so worried whenever I see his page come up. I love the picture of the big boy standing up on his hind legs. He really is "some pig!"

Joannt
Wheekness for Pigs

Post   » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:54 pm

I am so glad to hear Henry is doing well. Also glad to hear about the dietary changes that you have made. We have been fortunate not to have a recurrence of a stone (knock on Coroplast!) but I think lessening the limestone is a good idea and I have also switched Evey to KM pellets, which she loves.

It is so helpful to hear about how a long-lived piggy is getting along and the various things that seem to aid in their longevity.

Evey went on some TMS this morning and I am hoping her news is as good as Henry's. Evey sends him a special piggy scruffle.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:42 pm

I have no idea if the additional dietary changes are going to make one bit of difference. The main thing I am seeing, though, is that Henry is happy and bright-eyed. We are now just about two months past his surgery.

Sef, to answer your question, my vet didn't include the concentration on the current bottle of Actigall, so I will have to ask next week when the office is open again.

JoePig

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:15 pm

TwoWhitePiggies,

I would also appreciate knowing this, plus any information on dosing, as I have a pig with inoperable stones.

Sincerely,
JoePig

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi guys! Glad to hear Henry is doing so well! Count me in, too, for wanting to know more about your Actigall dose. Chester had been on Urisodol, and it may have helped prevent more stones from forming, but it definitely did nothing for the ones he already had. I'd love to know to help pigs in the future.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:55 pm

Regarding the Actigall:

Henry started out on 150 mg/mL for eight days. After that, he has been on a maintenance dose of 75 mg/ML once a day.

While on the maintenance dose and before his surgery, he kicked out a small stone and several stone flakes.

When his big giant stone was removed, the vet said that it was really slimy, and she attributed that to the Actigall. She said there was no sludge in his urine, just that stone.

So far, on the maintenance dose, he does regularly kick out sludge. He has also kicked out one small stone.

Today he looks like he's hurting, and I suspect that he is working on kicking out another stone. He continues to urinate just fine, so I am just going to watch and wait tonight and see what happens. In the meanwhile, he's eating and drinking and chasing Frost around.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:50 am

Isn't urisodol the generic for Actigall?

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:59 am

slavetofuzzy - yes, I believe that is correct.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Yes, it is.

StF: Vicki's protocol -- https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 93#1237793 -- is four times Dr. Ahearn's. The protocol above is twice Vicki's, or eight times Dr. Ahearn's.

Right now Sirius is on Vicki's vet's protocol.

For what that's worth. If the given animal can tolerate it, I'd say the more the better, especially during the initial 8-day period.

TWP, who gave you this? K-State?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:43 am

T- we both know Dr. A is very cautious when administering drugs! I hope Sirius reaps some benefits from the Actigall as it seems Henry is.

Go Grandpa Henry!