Henry's Thread

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:08 pm

Yep, that's a great vet.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:14 pm

At least Henry's stone wasn't as big as the one they took out of a black lab recently. Our vet said it was the size of a bar of soap and weighed over a pound.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:28 pm

I read salana's post and reminded Jim that we have a rock tumbler. I wonder what would happen if we threw the stone in it?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Wow, that is one big stone! I am so happy to hear the surgery went well and he is eating lots. I hope he continues to recover well.

I would guess the stone is a soft material and would fall apart if you tried to tumble it. Generally stones that are put into tumblers are really, really hard.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:36 pm

You're probably right. I guess we'll go back to the original plan of donating it to science.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:31 am

Only you, our GL friends, would understand why I'm happy to report that Henry is POOPING.

TWP_2

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:58 am

Superpig also STOOD UP at the side of the cage for attention.

Doesn't he know he just had MAJOR SURGERY?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:46 am

Henry must be determined to show everyone how good he feels now that he's rid of his stone!

Sending more good thoughts for Henry and the boys. :)

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:16 am

We are so relieved that Grandpa Henry is doing well. What a great trooper! Looking at how rough that stone is, it must have really hurt rolling around in there.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:26 am

Yay on the poops! He is one tough little guy. :)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:07 am

Horray for poos. Keep 'em coming Henry.

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:13 am

Wow how amazing!

I wonder if there is a documented age for the oldest guinea pig. At the rate Henry is going he's going to take that cake I bet! :)

So glad he's doing well.