Please Help! my 5 day old orphaned guinea pig refuses to eat

sallyf

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:26 am

Some of us would rather take more interest in the problem at hand, rather than if the commas and full stops are in the right place.As long as it legible it doesnt matter.As for the harsh tone ,I thing it should not have to be " got used to" it is common courtersey to be polite and caring. people should not talk about the thread starter in the third person, saying things about them that are not true. What can I say ,I dont like bullys!.sorry ellissan,If I had known I had to have an english major to post here , I wouldnt ave bovthered, haha.

rachelm

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:18 am

sallyf you just don't get it do you? The people that post on here to help out owners like ellissian don't always have the time to muddle through poorly written posts. If they can't quickly read the information and source the vital stuff, they won't post and help.

Some vets are not trained sufficiently in guinea pig care. In these situations, the GLers may in fact know more and be able to suggest help. I know for a fact that if my vet is unsure of anything, he asks what the GLers say.

You only joined a couple of weeks ago and have posted twice - both times to criticise the "harshness" of Guinea Lynx. I suggest you read some threads where GL has helped save the lives of guinea pigs who may otherwise not have made it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ellissian, it is great she's doing better. Keep going with all your hard work.

ellissian

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:52 am

Thanks rachelm.

Does anyone think her hairloss is hormonal or stress related, cause even her whiskers have fell out now.

I only noticed when I kissed her and there was these little prickley whiskers sticking out.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 am

Sallyf, the grammar may not seem a big deal but when you see the many nationalities that post here that don't have English as their first language then you may realise how far reaching GL is, and how helpful it is to have English written correctly.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:51 am

sallyf: since you have nothing useful to say, and your first two posts have been simply criticism of how this forum is run, please don't post on the medical forum unless you have a medical question. You are welcome to take this discussion to general chat.

elissian, are you saying the baby's hair is still falling out?

ellissian

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:09 am

Its like she is slowly losing all the hair she was born with and new fur is growing through.

The new fur is thick and smooth, where as her old fur is dull and scuffy looking.

I know she had her whiskers yesterday, cause I would of noticed. So they must of fell out over night and her new ones are growing through.

I find all this very strange!!!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:24 am

As long as her new fur doesn't start falling out again, I wouldn't worry.

ellissian

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:27 am

Ok thanks.

She looks really funny, like shes had a haircut!

Topaz

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:24 pm

Could this be a case of barbering? Who's she in the cage with? Have you ever seen any of the others picking on her?

Just a thought....

ellissian

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:36 pm

She is living with Kimmi her foster mam and Hazel Kimmi's daughter.

As far as I can tell no body is doing it to her and I watch her like a hawk after what happened to all her siblings.

The worst thing Hazel does to her is accidently stand or sit on her. She is 6 days younger than Popcorn but a lot bigger and heavier. Kimmi treats her no different than Hazel so apart from being stress related I really dont have a clue.

In fact I would say Popcorn is the boss in the cage.

klynne

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:20 pm

I've seen some baby pigs shed out their original coat and grow in a new, different textured one.

I think it's at least possible this is just due to the improvement in getting the *appropriate* nutrition now, that her little GI system can digest properly.

I hope she keeps up doing well.

Are you absolutely sure on your sexing? She is not a little he, for sure?

ellissian

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:23 pm

No she is definately a she and so is the other baby, I keep feeling for a shaft and there isnt one.

Not only has the texture of her new coat changed but the colour has too. She was originally quite red, now its more of cream/pale red.