Please Help! my 5 day old orphaned guinea pig refuses to eat

ellissian

Post   » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:10 pm

oh I know what you mean its called dioralyte over hear, I have some in but they only come in blackcurrent flavours.

How much should I use?

How much fluid should I be aiming to get into her?

Do you think too much fluid in her could of caused the seizure or stress?

I know pixie doesnt neeed this but how long can you keep baytrill for Ive just found some

Melody R

Post   » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:47 pm

I don't know about dioralyte, but I don't think you can overdo Pedialyte. I use it instead of water when mixing the hand feeding food (Critical Care). And sometimes I will syringe some of it to them directly if they are not drinking on their own. If they are using a water bottle, I supposed you could put some in it or mix with the drinking water.

I'm sorry but I don't really know the answers to your other questions. Fortunately I've had relatively few GP issues, other than I have one now with pneumonia - but who seems to be recovering well, thank goodness.

Wishing you and your little ones the best!!!!!

ellissian

Post   » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:05 pm

Pixie died half an hour ago. We love you little baby Pixie xxxx

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:27 pm

I'm so sorry you lost Pixie. You did your best.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:38 pm

I'm so sorry about the little one.

Reginasunrae

Post   » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:20 pm

I just read through this whole thread and I'm so sorry you've had such a trying time. Hopefully things will look up for you.

No, worms don't eat dirt. They're nature's little fertilizers, eating all types of dead veggie matter and turning it into rich nutrients for the soil.

Melody R

Post   » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:28 pm

Ellissian- so very sorry about your loss. I was really pulling for you. It is amazing how these tiny creatures capture our hearts.

I had to go to a meeting and logged back in as soon as I got home - so sorry to see the bad news. Take comfort in the fact that at least you tried to give the baby a fighting chance! Sometimes even if we do everything right, things go wrong.

The Critical Care and pedialyte does seem to really help. Maybe you can stock some up for the future. I always keep them both on hand just in case.

JHand
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:30 pm

I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to loose a tiny one that you are fighting for. It hurts real bad.

slfalzone

Post   » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:32 pm

I am truly sorry to hear about your little one.

Topaz

Post   » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:43 pm

Honestly, I'm finding it very disturbing to read this thread. And frustrating.

Laura

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:46 am

Oh, no. I'm so sorry.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:52 am

I'm so sorry to hear about Pixie. Reading stories like this is making me want to get over my fear of needles and learn to do subcues myself. How are the others doing?