Maggots on a burst CL lump-gross!

purrie

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:31 pm

Ditto what Talishan said. Do not take them back to Petco for any reason.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:32 pm

I agree with Talishan. I wouldn't trust them in a NY minute to do the right thing.

twofinepigs

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:34 pm

Yes, please please be careful on this one. Vinci718 with Shake Shake got the same story - we will take him to the vet, but gee we can't do that unless you sign to turn him over to us (for legal reasons, you see) and then you can have him back when he's well. Only it didn't work that way, and Vinci didn't get his pig back. Because, gee, they couldn't very well give Vinci back a pig that might not be 100% well, could they?

Honestly, I wouldn't trust them one single inch, no matter how sincere they sound. Especially with a potentially serious illness like this. Once you turn the pigs over, they can do exactly as they like, vet or no vet!

JHand
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:35 pm

Um, I thought he did in fact get Shake Shake back.

eta: yes, see this thread https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... c&start=20 at the bottom of page 2

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:44 pm

What they will likely do is send them back to their distributor or broker, who will kill them themselves (by putting them into a sealed plastic bag in a dumpster, still alive), or send them back to the mill breeder, who will kill them by cracking their heads against a convenient wall or putting them in an ice chest with dry ice. That is if they make it that far. petno gets 'credit' for 'returned product'.

petno will then tell Sandy, "We are so very sorry, but they passed at Dr. Katz' office [or some such], and we will be pleased to give you these two others for free."

Such a deal.

Sandy may need to get hardnosed with them, but they are legally Sandy's property. Their illness is petno's responsibility.

Vinci did get Shake Shake back, but it wasn't easy. *Please* to you and Sandy, don't return them to petno under ANY circumstances.

JHand
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:46 pm

By the way I do agree, don't give the pig back to Petco.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:37 pm

Yes, do not let Petco get their hands on these pigs. She should tell them something like, these pigs need to be in their familiar home environment for their recovery, plus this is highly contagious and they shouldn't have contact with the pigs at Petco, blah blah blah. But she appreciates that they're willing to make things right, and where should Dr. Katz send the bill?

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:48 pm

Oh no Barbara. I hope you or Sandy can take them to the vet. I know it's easy to believe what they (Petco) say but I just wouldn't trust Petco either. It's just a gut feeling I have.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:43 pm

Ditto on all counts.

Taking them back to Petco for any reasons is a possible death sentence.

It's much cheaper for Petco to euthenize them than to pay the vet bill.

mrpratt
Buddy-MJ-Kirk in '06

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:02 pm

I can't believe what I just read. That is beyond horrible. I will never step foot in another petco even if I am out of carefresh and
my regular store is closed for the weekend.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:44 pm

OH MG! PLEASE don't take them back there. They are as good as dead there. Ditto what Talishan so bluntly described. I have seen it myself firsthand, but usually I see the dying and suffering animals before they get the freezer treatment. Laying in their own filth and blood.

You have no idea. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

twofinepigs

Post   » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:57 am

I did know Vinci got Shake Shake back, but it wasn't easy, and it wasn't what the pet store wanted or planned. They SAID they'd give him back, but when push came to shove, suddenly they couldn't, and wouldn't some other cute guinea pig do just as well? They LIE!