Maggots on a burst CL lump-gross!

dribble

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:14 pm

Not knowing much about CL contagion, do you have to sterilize everything that was in her pigs' cage before putting it in the healthy pigs' cage?

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:16 pm

Yes, good point. We built a brand new cage for them.

We sterilized the hay rack, bottle and food dish before putting the well ones in it.

I should have taken photos, the cage turned out really cute.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:22 pm

How old are the kids? Does she have any spare grids she could snap together and put on top?

I know you know what kids can do.

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:27 pm

She does have some extra wire shelving that are at least 42" long (which is 3 X 14" grids). I hope that she uses them.

She was concerned about how it would look. They just built a very high end custom home and tomorrow's party is to show it off for the first time. Sandy mentioned that she didn't want to "junk" up the cage.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:06 pm

Hmmm. If the cage were portable enough, I'd move it into another room for the party.

But whatever works for her.

I hope these two pigs heal up okay, Barbara!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:07 pm

Ditto Lynx. If at all possible, it doesn't need to be next to the flat screen on Super Bowl day.

If she can move it, she, her husband, the pigs and the guests will all be more comfortable, I think.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:13 pm

I am guessing the noise will be a pain.

Hey, could you take them for a short time?

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:14 pm

May I ask why she wants pets when she's so concerned with looks?

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:18 pm

Very good question Holly. Things that make you go-ummmm.

Come to think of it, her new home is a showcase for her interior design business.

purrie

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:22 pm

She needs Bats' cage then.

Good luck with the little sick one.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:25 pm

Geez, guinea pigs then? They are messy critters. Me thinks she'll be calling you in a month to come get them.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:33 pm

If her home is essentially her portfolio for her business, that makes a certain amount of sense. Guinea pigs are not particularly decorative, though, even if she is able and willing to give them the time and care they deserve.

She needs some calm, light-shedding, eye-candy cats, and I don't mean that in a snotty or condescending way -- just realistically for her purposes. I'd agree with HollyT -- please be prepared to be asked to take them back.

Good luck and bless you for helping Snuggles. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.