9yo sow with trouble walking

barb5417
For all Wonkys & Winkys

Post   » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:18 am

Thanks for sharing your beautiful story with us. What a wonderful companion you have.
I'm sorry that the vet did not have better news for you. But you have given her a very wonderful life. Enjoy whatever time you have left, and know that you are a great guinea pig dad.

Joannt
Wheekness for Pigs

Post   » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:12 pm

That is, indeed, a wonderful story. Despite the news, we are hoping that she will do well and you can both continue to enjoy her life with you. Nine and a half years is a testament to your love and care for Metaxas. Sounds like you are both pretty lucky to have each other!

TWP_2

Post   » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:07 pm

It's always hard to know what to wish for, but I hope that whatever she has is very slow growing, and that she has lots of good time with you yet.

It's probably hard to feel fortunate when you've just heard news like that, but how wonderful it is that you have had nine years with her already. She's a beautiful, sweet looking little piggie.

Jim

somechick

Post   » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:21 pm

This *is* a very touching story. Wishing you two only the best. I know when I feel like I can't take anymore, my pigs are always there to pick me up. It seems like your girl is being a wonderful friend, and you, and wonderful daddy.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:12 am

She looks so sweet. It's wonderful that you have had so many great years together.

Pigginess
You are my sunshine

Post   » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:36 am

Metaxas is a lovely looking pig and her personality shines through. I'm so glad that you were able to go to a guinea pig savvy vet. Knowing what she has helps you to keep her comfortable with medicine and to prepare yourself for whatever happens.

Your long, loving life together is so heart warming. My best wishes to you both.

gpigdad2

Post   » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:39 pm

I want to personally thank each and every one of you for your kind words. They really meant more than you can possibly know. Most people can't understand the attachment someone can have with these little furry creatures but you all do.

Unfortunately today when I got home from work she had passed away. :-( She was getting progressively more tired over the past few days ... we spent some time together last night and I could tell she wasn't feeling very well. This morning I gave her a little bit of apple and she was really struggling to even get a bite into her mouth. My only regret was that I didn't take off from work today. Driving home from work I had this tingly sensation that I knew what I was going to find. I have to confess that I feel guilty for not being there when she passed. :-(

I took her to my best friend's house and buried her in the back yard. I am in an apartment building now and I figured at least there she will be close to family and I can visit her for years to come.

I'm man enough to admit that I have been crying off and on for the past 3 hours. Coming back from his house and seeing the empty cage ... and for the first time in 9+ years a totally empty house ... it's like someone has kicked me in the chest.

Sorry for being a downer -- I am having a hard time speaking to anyone and this is my only release.

My only consolation is that right now she is no longer in pain and she running around with other guinea pigs at the Rainbow Bridge pop-corning like when she was a little one. :-)

From the bottom of my heart, thank you again.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:24 pm

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your beautiful girl had such a wonderful and long life with you.

Her amazing story has touched so many of us here. Please know that we care and understand.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:27 pm

You must be heartbroken - particularly after having such a special relationship with her for the past 9 years.

But you have to know that she's one of the longest living guinea pigs I've heard of, so she must have had a wonderful life with you, even though it still wasn't long enough.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:28 pm

I am so very sorry you lost her, gpigdad2. It sounds like she had a wonderful life with you. I know how hard it is to lose a pet that you love.

Karen
Slug Whisperer

Post   » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:28 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. She really lived a long full life.

lisam

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:27 am

I'm so sorry. I can tell she meant a lot to you.

dribble

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:49 am

I am very sorry for your loss. Your story brought tears to my eyes when you first shared how much you loved your pig and today when you lost her. Take care.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:26 am

Huge hugs to you. I'm so sorry for your loss. You obviously gave her a great life. Sleep well, Metaxas.

Pigginess
You are my sunshine

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:27 am

I'm so very, very, sorry to hear Metaxas has passed.

Your story has brought tears to my eyes too. Please know that as you mourn you can come back here and share your feelings. Most of us here can completely empathize with you.

Rest well sweet Metaxas.

Pigginess
You are my sunshine

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:44 am

As one who has loved so completely
so fully
You are just as important as the one who has died.
You do not dishonor your loved one
or their memory
by taking care of yourself.
Take time to heal now.
Make choices to grow now.
Love yourself as you love your animal.
Love yourself as your animal loves you.

~ Teresa Wagner ~

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:36 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. It hurts so much and especially when you have to come home and be alone. I've been there.

You are such a good guinea pig dad that I hope you will be able to honor her memory by sharing your home with another homeless guinea pig. Not everyone appreciates how special they are like we all do. You have so much to offer I hope it gets passed on.

JHand
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:39 am

I am so sorry. You have a vault full of great memories of your special girl.

kristina
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:46 am

I am so sorry. I hope you can take comfort in the fact that Metaxas really had a good life.

I hope, just like GP Lover, that you, in time, will open you home to another guinea pig that needs someone to love him/her.

luvmypigs2

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:48 am

I'm so sorry you lost your little girl. You have an incredible nine years of wonderful memories. She was obviously well loved. Take care. {hugs}

88 posts