9yo sow with trouble walking

Becky

Post   » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:01 am

I hope you see how much your long relationship with your beloved girl has touched a chord with so many people. Most of us only hope for this long of a relationship with a special pig.

There's a hole as big as a truck in your heart now, I know, but please take time to celebrate all the joy and companionship she brought you.

pinta

Post   » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:26 am

I too hope you will honour her by inviting a homeless pig into your life.

Surely you must have done something right to have her so long and I will admit I am jealous of the time you had.

rpaws

Post   » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:51 am

No matter how long a time a guinea pig stays with us, it is never enough. Metaxas had a wonderful life with you to have made it to such a great piggie age. All guinea pigs should be so blessed, but then you were blessed having such a long, long time with her.

It seems like Metaxas wanted you to know it was time for her to go so you could have a short time to prepare, and then peacefully pass on her own. Her passing must have been like a ocean wave retreating from the shore, going to where all the guinea pig must go.

I imagine Metaxas being at the rainbow bridge now. After a good session of popcorning, she’ll gather other little piggies around her and let them know what is like to be so surrounded by love for nine years. As she tells her story, they’ll experience what that love was like.

I am hopeful you will honor her memory by giving a homeless guinea pig a great earthly home full of wonderful love and care. Then you can tell that guinea pig about Metaxas.

Joannt
Wheekness for Pigs

Post   » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:57 pm

We are so sorry to hear of your loss.

I have to echo what others have said about some animal's choosing their time. My first childhood pet did that and for many years I always lamented "not being there..." As I had more pets over the years and my child has as well, I have seen animals choose their own place and time to pass. One hid himself in bedding and just drifted off...another called us to be held and slipped away while being cuddled and petted. And others also seemed to go "their own way." All were sad, all were unique.

Nine and a half years is an enormous testimony to your care for Metaxes.

Take care.

chii
I Love Lucy

Post   » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:09 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was so lucky to live such a long, wonderful life with a wonderful, loving dad. When you're ready, I hope that you can bring a new piggy into your home and heart. I know you can't replace Metaxas, but hopefully you can someday find another pig that will love you and bond with you and fill the emptiness of this loss.

gpigdad2

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:01 am

A couple of days have passed and it's easier now. I can look at pictures of her and smile again. :-) I don't have to like it, but I can appreciate that she was an old old tired girl.

As for future guinea pigs, I am getting married in under 2 months and I am "adopting" my fiance's 3 year old girl Castro. It was a package deal. :-) At some point I'm sure we'll be adopting a rescue playmate for Castro to have more company.

Thank you again.

PS - if anyone is in the Northern Virginia area and would like some supplies, I have a bunch of guinea pig food & hay (including from the Oxbow hay company that just got delivered), Carefresh, pine bedding and other miscellaneous supplies I can drop off. It would be a shame to throw it away. (Fiance and her little girl are in NJ.) Let me know.

klynne

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:05 am

Gpigdad2, glad to hear you are starting to be able to think of the good memories.

That's a nice offer on the supplies. I think there are a few VA rescues, some of whom are members here, who might be able to use some of the stuff if you do decide to donate. You can use the board mailer--I think JudiL and/or Cavespringpiggie may be near you.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:17 pm

I am just reading about your girl and her special life. I think she gave you the gift of a peaceful passage. Good luck with your upcoming marriage.

88 posts