Henry - crusty eyes, lethargic

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:14 pm

We had one who presented with a polyp on a stalk protruding from her girl parts. There was blood everywhere and I thought for sure she had prolapsed something, but she seemed fine (!).

Vet was still open so I went flying over. The vet removed the thing and sent it off for histo; benign.

How did the vet remove the ... wart, growth or whatever it is? Has a pyometra been considered?

Is she on any pain meds?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:40 pm

I was thinking of possible pyometra also. It almost looks like a stone. An ultrasound might give you some idea of what is going on. Pain meds sound like an excellent idea if she is struggling with pain.

Let me know if you'd like me to add your pics to the post permanently.

somechick

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:35 am

Henry was spayed at the very beginning of this thread so I don't think it's anything uterine. It does look like a stone, which is what I thought it was until I realized it was in her butt. She's on pain meds. You can add the pics. I don't know exactly how the vet removed it; I wasn't able to watch.

The main concern at this point is the ooze / open wound thing on / in her girl parts. What on earth can be done to deal with this?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 am

Is this the same vet that did the spay? Sometimes a uterine stump is left that can cause issues. But it does sound like it was a growth of some sort.

I so hope these problems resolve!

Thanks for the pics. I added them to your thread.

somechick

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:55 pm

No, someone at Red Bank did the spay many years ago because they suspected pyometra, but turns out nothing was wrong at all. Whole Henry fiasco in this thread.

I was just hoping someone else had experience with oozy parts and open wound parts who could tell me what they used to clear it up.

somechick

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:54 pm

The vet gave silver sulfadiazine to use on the mess. She seems to think it appears to be almost urine scald. She also said her pee is dark red. I don't know why we're peeing blood again and what this has to do with the butt mess. I don't know what to do. Dr. D says it's not Time yet, but I just don't know. I feel like I have no ability to tell.

She's lost weight, there's blood spots everywhere from her dripping, she spends a lot of time not doing much, but sometimes she comes out and nibbles, yells for veggies. But I don't know. I know I let Piggie Crocket go on past what was right, and she died in pain and scariness I think. I promised I wouldn't let that happen with Henry, but I don't know if I'm sure about anything.