Im trying not to panic but.......

somechick

Post   » Sat May 05, 2007 2:21 pm

I never found the ribbon either. When one of my pigs decided to eat her coroplast, I just figured she chewed it up too small to be able to be visible when passed in poop. It's not like she swallowed a screw whole or anything, y'know? So your pigs are probably fine.

If it were me, I'd probably stop worrying and just keep an eye on them for a couple of days for any changes in behviour or output.

milly
Supporting the Bored

Post   » Sat May 05, 2007 3:08 pm

Stop worrying. She's fine. But maybe just check a few more times before you go to bed : )

ellissian

Post   » Sat May 05, 2007 5:05 pm

Milly, I worry about that particular pig all the time. Even when there is nothing to worry about!

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun May 06, 2007 12:22 am

My vet said that something not so digestible could hang out in the gut for as long as 48 hours, but because guinea pig GI systems are designed to break down hay, it is possible they can break down a lot of other crazy things, too.

klynne

Post   » Sun May 06, 2007 12:43 am

She could get up in the night a few times too. And also check to really make sure the stove is turned off, as well.

milly
Supporting the Bored

Post   » Sun May 06, 2007 2:41 am

And that the door's locked!

Is she still OK ellissian?

Halva
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun May 06, 2007 6:43 am

Hope Poppy is okay. The pigs I had when I was a child once ate a rubber keyring in the shape of a horse that I didn't realise was in reach. They ate nearly the whole thing (there was only a torso left). Luckily, no ill effects.

ellissian

Post   » Sun May 06, 2007 12:24 pm

TWP, stop making me worry more! The 48 hours will be up by later tonight.

She must be ok, everything is still normal.

Still havent found the ribbon.