Sal - lump under bottom left nipple

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:45 am

It looks great! Can I copy that one too? Sure shows the healing properties of the body.

briana d

Post   » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:48 am

Go for it Lynx.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:06 am

Thanks!

CocoPatch

Post   » Wed May 02, 2012 6:02 am

I really want to thank you for a wonderfully informative and supportive site. Our 2 year old female guinea developed a couple of mammary lumps but was otherwise well. We trust our vet who recommended removal but were incredibly anxious nonetheless. Your site gave me courage to go through with it and the information I needed to deal with all that the surgery and aftercare would entail. Her lumps were removed last Friday and she is recovering well. Interestingly her wounds are sealed with subcutaneous dissolvable stitches and superglue so there is nothing to bother her and they are incredibly neat. Today we are told they were lipomas. The lab has suggested they are usually caused by trauma which is a puzzle to us as our guineas are treated and handled very carefully. However, I am once again reassured by the suggestion on your site that these lipomas are most probably hereditary and so hopefully not caused by anything we have done. Thank you.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 02, 2012 12:48 pm

I think it unlikely the lipomas were caused by trauma. Those few pigs who have developed them, this certainly was not the case.

Glad to hear the site provided you with useful info.