Scooter has lost weight

DaCourt

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:25 am

Wow...I just got his xrays. When I first looked at them on Tuesday, all I saw were the 2 large ones, and what looked like 5 or 6 really small ones in some sort of a sack. When I took a really close look at the them tonight, what looked like a sack, is actually something that looks like Mum's xray above. I will take a picture of the xray tomorrow and post it. It just seems to get worse.

figrgrl

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:33 am

I'm so sorry you're going thru this:(

EllieMom

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:35 am

Your Courtney sounds like such a caring child. Knowing that sometimes you have to love enough to say goodbye is a hard lesson to learn at her age. Ellie is just a little bit younger and I know she would not be handling things with as much grace as Courtney seems to be. All of you are in my thoughts tonight.

DaCourt

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:45 am

She has never lost one of her own pets, but she has lost a number of her favorites in the rescue. She always seems fine when I tell her, sad, but fine. But then she goes in her room and cries. She always tries to be very brave, but she is actually a very emotional child and feels things deeply. I am not really sure how she is going to handle this when the time comes to say good bye.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:49 am

I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you, Courtney and Scooter. I agree that Courtney sounds like a very sweet and caring girl.

cavykatie

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:57 am

Courtney reminds me of me. It can be tough feeling things so stongly, but empathy can also be a real gift. I hope things work out as best as possible with Scooter.

DaCourt

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:23 am

I think Scooter has made the decision for me. He is so weak and frail. His eyes are all sunken. For the first time ever, I just found all 3 pigs snuggled together, head to head. I just had a talk with Courtney and gave her all the info and told her we had a decision to make. She started crying and said, "i think it is time to say good-bye."

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 am

I'm so sorry.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:54 am

I'm so sorry about poor Scooter. It's so hard to watch a pig with stones get so frail and thin. I know you are doing what is best for him. Please take care.

ellissian

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:18 am

Im so sorry, I know you will do whats best for Scooter.

Pigginess
You are my sunshine

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:41 am

Dana and Courtney, I'm so sorry.

Pigginess
You are my sunshine

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:41 am

Dana and Courtney, I'm so sorry.