Bordetella - URGENT

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:20 pm

getshelly, you know you are a watchful owner. They trick you. Kringle died the same night I finally caught his pneumonia.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:53 pm

I guess I missed that part. Not sure about that blood in the pericardium. Sometimes that can happen post-mortem.

GetShelly: I do know it takes time for pneumonia to set in. Unfortunately, knowing cavies means that you realize, too, that their prey nature may make it more difficult to see there is a problem. I can't tell you whether or not time would have made any difference in the outcome. Cavies hide things so well. That makes them tricky pets. I doubt any diligent cavy owner will catch or be able to save all of their sick pets. It sucks and I'm sorry it happened.

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:28 pm

Thanks for reassuring me. I have felt so much guilt over her, because I really thought she had the makings of a piggie who could live to be 7 or 8, maybe more. I thought I had plenty of time left with her.

Tiffany was wheeking for food (loud as always) just 24 hours before she died. I wish she would have shown me she needed help.

The good news is, knock on wood, Molly and Mo are doing well. They were a little shook up at first, but they seem to be settling into being a pair.

Thanks, everyone.