For the love of Pete! Ozzy's med thread

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:44 am

Yes yes, how is our handsome man doing today? :)

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:00 pm

My boy is doing so well! Dr. A said he looks good and doesn't need to see him again until the 12th for staple removal.

We are still concerned about infection but I will continue the Baytril even though he thinks the syringe has become permantly attached to my hand. He chatters his teeth when I come near, for whatever reason - food, clean towels, etc. I've lost his trust. :( I am trying to hold him every day for a cuddle with no meds just so he sees I still love him and don't want to shove something in his mouth all the time!

As we speak, he is eating pellets and I have seen him drinking on his own. I feel better about that now. His poos are quite small but Dr. A said she wasn't too concerned about that just yet.

We'll see how he does throughout the week and I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for everyones prayers and well wishes!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:51 pm

Yay for Ozzy! He will trust you again soon.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:11 am

He's loving on his cow this morning. I take it that means he's feeling better! ;) Oh my gosh, and now he's trying to mount Mr. Piggy! Oh dear. That hasn't happened in quite a while!

His poops were soft last night. I think I will hold off on veggies until he's back to normal. What do y'all think?

Topaz

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:18 am

Loving on his cow is a good thing!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:18 am

His poops were soft last night
Absolutely! And then introduce them very slowly.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:31 am

Thank you Mum!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:40 am

Here's a quick picture of Ozzy's incision. This was taken today and his surgery was last Friday (Nov 30).

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:25 pm

So glad that Ozzy is doing well. :)

I'm no expert, but I think his incision looks pretty good.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:31 pm

I think it looks great too. And he's leaving it alone which is good.

And for as much as he's chasing poor Mr. Piggy around, I'd say he's feel so much better without that stone in him! Just gotta keep up the Baytril and Benebac for another week and hopefully this will be behind us!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:43 pm

Ozzy is such a good boy, leaving the site alone and good with his meds. What a model patient. :)

crazycheryl

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:52 pm

Go Ozzy, you rock! Your mommy is such a dedicated nurse!