For the love of Pete! Ozzy's med thread

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:38 pm

WEll, luckily Ozzy is in good health other than this issue, so surgery, if it's called for, could be an option.

I am still waiting to hear back from the vet. I had to drop him off so they could do x-rays and collect a urine sample.

I am hoping she will call soon. I know she's busy and will probably not have had time to look at everything until after her last patient tonight.

I miss my Ozzy boy. Mr. Piggy seems unfazed. Probably because he was a lone pig for so long.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:38 pm

Sending Get Well Wishes to Ozzy!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:04 pm

It's a stone. Boo. Dr. A said it's about the size of a pea. Boo.

She is going to consult with another vet to talk about his age and type of anesthsia. She uses one kind (iso-something or other) and she wants to make sure it would be ok for his age. If the other type (something newer - starts with a c) would be better I'd have to take him to a Dr. Hadley near Conyers.

She will call me tomorrow with more info. Meanwhile I will pick him up after work. Poor baby. I feel so bad he's in the vets office all night.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:17 pm

I understand not wanting to leave him at the vet's office. I always feel like home is the place for us all and all our pets.

I hope the surgery goes well. On occasion a guinea pig has passed the stone before surgery. I think this happened to Swannie and someone else.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:23 pm

Ooh. That has to be painful! She was going to give him some Metacam before she left tonight so hopefully, if he does pass it, it won't be so bad. I guess I'm joining the ranks of syringing water and hiding shilintong in cucumbers!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:49 am

Good thoughts for Ozzy, and I hope he has a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:07 am

Good vibes for Ozzy. ~~POWER~~ He's such a lovely old man. Maybe he'll be happy to take his shilintong; he's such a star.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:42 pm

Ozzy is going to have surgery tomorrow morning (Friday) at 9:00. I visited with him this afternoon and he's got all the girls (and the guys) at Dr. A's office wrapped around his little piggie feet!

He was happy to see me and probably wondered why I did not take him home. Poor baby.

Anyway, keep the boy in your thoughts and prayers and I'll update as soon as I know something.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Thinking of you tomorrow. I've got a bottle of shilintong I'm not using; you and Oz are welcome to it.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:51 pm

I may take you up on that T. We'll see how he pulls through. I am cautiously optimistic. The only thing that worries me is his age. I have full faith in Dr. A and she is very confident she will have no trouble with the surgery itself. The biggest worry is the anesthesia.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:52 pm

~ninja vibes~
We will be waiting for updates STF!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:19 pm

James loves Ozzy and sends his very best, too.

I suspect he'll be fine with the anesthesia. His recovery may take longer than Navin R.'s. I suspect they recover a little slower when older, and it'll take him a bit longer to come out of the anesthesia, but otherwise I'm hoping he'll be fine and wishing you both the best.