For the love of Pete! Ozzy's med thread

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:40 am

I'm so sorry for your heartbreak. Ozzy was very handsome and special. He had such a wonderful and loving home with you and your family. You did so much for him, and he knew how much he was cherished.

Hugs for sweet Mr. Piggy.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:42 am

I'm so very sorry he's gone. Clearly you instincts, though, were spot on with knowing he had had enough.

LorVoll

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:51 am

I'm so sorry about Ozzy.

Topaz

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:24 am

I'm so sorry you lost him.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:05 pm

You didn't fail him in the slightest, StF. I think it's much better for them to go at home, in familiar surroundings, than terrified in a strange place with strange sounds, temperatures, and smells.

He had his cow and he had Mr. Piggy with him.

Hugs and empathy from our house to yours.

GP Estates
Supporter in '08

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm very sorry for you and your family STF, Ozzy sounded like a special guy and I know he'll be missed.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Talishan-yes, the cow! It was actually laying (lying?) near his head when we found him. Maybe Mr. Piggy moved it over there for him.

I brought him to Dr. A's this morning for a gross necropsy. She said she'd call me Tuesday to talk about it.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm

I'm so sorry Ozzy is gone. I also think it's best when they are able to pass on their own at home, when they feel it is their time.

You did so much for Ozzy, against an illness that is so hard to bear and near impossible to defeat. I'm so sorry.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Look at this SOB! It was huge. Poor little guy.

Necropsy did not show anything else out of the norm other than his poor, beat up bladder. Good to know since he had such a horrible beginning to his life.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Poor little Ozzy having to cope with that. I'm sorry you lost him but he went peacefully at home which is a blessing. You did all you could have done.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Ouch! Poor Ozzy. I'm so sorry you and he had to deal with that monster.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:37 pm

STF, again, I am very sorry for Fuzzy's passing...
You have done everything you could and more for your precious boy, he was LOVED and CARED with utmost attention.
Our hearts ache with you... please do take care.