For the love of Pete! Ozzy's med thread

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:43 pm

"because when normal pee dries it has a tinge to it, doesn't it?"

Yes. My rule of thumb is that if the color is completely even -- as if you were looking at water with food coloring in it -- then it's likely not a problem. Blood, any blood, gives a clumpy appearance. Even if it's super diluted, it still shows spots, to one degree or another, for the most part.

I bet he picks up if you resume his Metacam. Call if you need anything.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:21 pm

I did give him his Metacam this morning again. My bad for thinking he could do with out it. Poor little guy.

He's still kind of blech today but I've seen him out and about from the pigloo, munching hay. He ate a few veggies but I'm not giving him a lot of those on purpose (soft stools).

He gets around great! You'd never know he had any surgery. I'll keep a close eye and keep everyone posted on changes. Otherwise, he goes back on Wednesday afternoon for check up and staple removal.

Something tells me Murphy (who is going in for a neuter) is not going to be the model patient that Ozzy is!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:24 pm

Ozzy, are you feeling any less *bleh* now?
Let us know when solid poops arrive.

Something tells me Murphy (who is going in for a neuter) is not going to be the model patient that Ozzy is!
Breathe STF, one thing at a time! :p

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:04 am

More good thoughts for Ozzy. I hope he is having a comfortable night.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:30 am

I gave him a lot of laptime last night to disguise my water syringing torture plan. We spent an hour or so just chillin' out and I'd give him a cc of water every now and then.

At one point he let out a pile of poops! They were small but it was a pile of them! He only peed on me once and it was my dark shirt (not the towel of course) so I couldn't tell if there was any blood. He seemed more himself yesterday as the day went on. He's still very tired though. Could be the body healing?

I'm off to give AB's and pain meds now. Keep him in your thoughts, as everyone else's piggys are in ours!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:10 am

Always holding good thoughts for Ozzy. It's good that he's starting to feel more himself. Maybe he still hurts a bit?

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:31 pm

As always, keeping our paws crossed for you and Ozzy.
But I thinking it is encouraging to see he is being more himself, and that is always a good sign...

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:19 pm

"He's still very tired though. Could be the body healing?"

If I had to guess, yes, plus he's late middle age. It'll take him a little longer to bounce back than it would a younger pig.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:42 am

Good thoughts for Murphy (I did not see a thread for him), and, of course, darling Ozzy too. I hope everything goes well at their vet visit.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:40 am

tracis, Murph is going in today for his neuter. Not really a medical emergency so there isn't a thread. Hopefully he will not need a thread here for a long time! I'll post his info and recovery over in Cavy Chat. But thanks for keeping him in your thoughts. Any surgery is risky, even in a healthy pig.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:30 am

Holding good thoughts for Murph today.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:36 am

STF, you know we all got our crossables crossed and hodling your paws,
With 150 crababies, that is A LOT of corssed fingers for yoru boys.

We will be looking forward to his recovery updates. :)