For the love of Pete! Ozzy's med thread

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:14 pm

Holding only good thoughts for tomorrow.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:44 pm

STF, I am keeping both you and Ozzy in my thoughts. We are all here for you no matter what tommorrow brings. Please give Ozzy a gentle kiss from me.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:47 am

Our hearts are with you and Ozzy, and we are wishing for the best.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:55 am

Sorry babygirl. We love yall and are thinking of you.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:27 am

I am so sorry. I don't know if it would help anymore, but we just got x-rays for Chester like I mentioned in the e-mail, and it looks like one of his "stones" is gone. On his last x-ray, 2 stones were shown, and on the newest there is only 1 left. I don't know if the Actigall/Urisodol actually dissolved one, or if it was just a diffuse lump of sludge that was passed in Chester's urine.

I'm not sure if any of this info will help poor Ozzy at this point. It sounds like he is doing poorly. I'm really sorry. Stones suck.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:08 pm

STF, I woke up thinking of you and Ozzy this morning...
This is not easy to say, but no matter what you and your vet have decided for Ozzy, I know you did it with your utmost love and care for him.
((hugs))

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:38 pm

STF, we are thinking of you and praying for Ozzy. We know that you will know in your heart what is best. We all send our love.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Well, the boy is still with us! He rallied some last night and seems a little perkier today.

We have decided to forego any AB's for now. We have upped his Metacam and I will continue Critical Care and Benebac.

We took more xrays which I will send to Lynx again for her to work her magic. They show the stone in a more round shape than before. I don't know if it's bigger. I will have to see the pics side by side to determine that but it's definitely more of a round shape instead of oblong.

The film also shows arthritis in his back and legs. Poor old man.

So, I am going to continue Actigall (the generic form of it), Metacam, Benebac, Shillintong, Critical Care, syringing water and lots of pets and hugs!

I know he's not long for this world but he was just too perky today to let him go. And right now he's bee-bopping around in his cage, drinking water, having a snack of pellets, munching hay. He tires easily and naps quite a bit. I think we can make him comfortable for a bit longer.

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:41 pm

Great news! It's just not his time yet.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:43 pm

Good deal!!

Cindy in MI
Supporter in '05

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:43 pm

Well, in the whole scheme of things this is good news. I'm glad to hear that he's enjoying life for now. I hope he continues to do so for longer than anyone expects. You go, little Ozzy!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:45 pm

You just keep doing what you're doing Ozzy. It sounds as though you're just not ready at this time. Hugs to you.