WalterP's Front Teeth Look Bad

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I have seen both Dr. Koga and Johnson before for URI's to x-ray arthritis reading, I have much confidence in them too.

I am pretty sure Koga is on today, perhaps you can call and see if a walk in is possible.

Athena
Notorious P.I.G.

Post   » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:28 pm

WalterP is gone :-(.

It was heinous to see him go that way. He blew up before my eyes. The vet techs were so slow about giving him the medications as shots that he just kept getting bigger and bigger. Even when we first got there they paged the cavy vet THREE times before finally figuring out he was at lunch! My son and I were not slow about getting WP there. I went in my pajamas and no bra! Apparently the lady on the phone I spoke to and I were the only ones who understood the seriousness of bloat.

It took the vet tech forever and a year to prep all the needles and she wouldn't give him a shot each time she got one done, either. She apparently had to get them all done before doing anything. When she finally got them all prepared WP was even bigger and they were arguing about how to go about shooting him so that they wouldn't have to give him so many shots....I told them I didn't care if they shot him with seven needles, jut to get the meds into him. They tried to tell me the meds wouldn't help! Uh, the meds were to get his gut moving, of course they will help... They finally listened to me and shot him up. But it was way too late by then.

The only thing left to do was anesthetize him and tube him to get the air out. But when I got him to the chamber he was already limp and sideways. They tubed him without anesthetizing him and got some air out but then the doctor asked for epinephrine and I knew it was over.

It was a most undignified way to go and I feel terrible about that. WalterP was our first. I fell in love with him from the moment I saw him and he spoke to me through the glass. He taught me how much I love guinea pigs. My poor son is beside himself with grief.

This is just one more thing on top of so much else I am surviving right now going through this awful divorce from my emotionally abusive ex-husband. I don't know if it's possible, because lawyers are involved, but I hope I can put everything on the back burner and just grieve (and sleep?) for the next few days. Of course my daughter came home sick today from pre-school...

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:43 pm

I am so sorry Athena, it must had been awfully painful for you to watch WalterP suffer like that.
I am so sorry for your loss, I know nothing we can say can make your hurt go away, but please know we are thinking of you and your family tonight.
God speed little WalterP...

On the other hand, I would definitely file a formal complaint to Adobe.
I know it won't help anything or bring WalterP back, but it should be notified.
When I called and learned noone could have helped Meimei that afternoon, I filed a complaint the very next morning when I brought her in for necropsy.
Although she would never come back, the necropsy was comped and the visit was discounted.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:23 am

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. WalterP was an extra-special guy, and he knew how much he was loved and cherished.

I also share your frustration and anger with the way the vet's office handled this. It just wasn't right.

My heart goes out to your and your family. You and your family did everything right for him; you did not let him down.

Allysse

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:59 am

Oh Athena... I'm so truly sorry. WalterP was a great mascot for so many of us. I feel like he was part of my growing up. No matter how many years went by, WP was still there for me to remember how it was when I was starting to improve the lives of my guinea pigs. He is a kind of a synesthetic reminder for me. Whenever I saw his wonderful face, I would remember all the good memories from a different time. I am so sad for the way he went, and sad that I never got to hold him in person.

He was so loved, so very loved. Take care.

NiniAriane

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:26 am

I am so sorry, Athena. WalterP looked like he was loved dearly.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:50 am

I'm so sorry about WalterP.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 am

I am so sorry you lost him. How very sad.
Please take care of yourself.

God Speed WalterP, you will be missed.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 am

sorry double post
Last edited by dgarriques on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:07 am

What a nightmare. I'm so sorry.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:13 am

I am so incredibly sorry, Athena.

I loved you too, WalterP. You were an amazing and very good boy.

You are missed already. Say hey to our friends and tell them we miss them.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:18 am

Oh Athena, I'm so sorry you and WalterP had to go through that. And I know how much you'll miss him.