WalterP's Front Teeth Look Bad

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 pm

*hugs* to you, Athena. Kyle too.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:15 pm

I am so terribly sorry for you and your son, Athena. I know you had Walter's best interest at heart, no matter how badly it was handled by the office staff.

I would encourage Dr. Nakamura to write up clear guidelines for dealing with bloat and to publish them on VIN or here.

Athena
Notorious P.I.G.

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Thank you everyone. I can't tell you how hard it is today. I'm a scattered mess and still have "business" type stuff to do, like I'm getting a DirectTV dish installed today. Most of what I've done today is look at urns.

My daughter is home sick, which isn't helping... We've been waiting four days for Netflix to spend an animated version of Wizard of Oz. It's not often requested so it was coming from Texas. It finally just came, I began to play it, and it turns out they freaking sent the regular one! I was really counting on that disc to keep her busy!

Lynx, what is VIN?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:38 pm

www.vin.com
The veterinary information network. I think he might have an article published on there already (or maybe somewhere else?).

It's a subscription veterinary site.
We're a free site so the material is more freely available.

quiltluvr

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard enough to lose a beloved pet without all the bad events you experienced. My thoughts are with you.

crazycheryl

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Poor little WalterP. I'm sorry y'all lost your little buddy. Rest well WalterP, you were loved by many.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Something very much like this happened with one of ours. I empathize and completely understand how you feel about how it all happened, on top of the loss of WalterP's life.

Remember him at his best. Try to take some comfort in knowing you and your daughter were doing your best to get him the help he needed.

Godspeed and safe passage, WalterP. We love you and will never forget you.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm sorry, Athena.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:42 pm

Athena - I feel so bad that you had to endure this on top of everything else you're going through. Sometimes life just isn't fair. WalterP will have good company over the bridge.

Athena
Notorious P.I.G.

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:18 am

Thank you all for your kind words. I've spent the last couple of days seariching the internet for urns and, surprisingly, cremation jewelry. I've found a beautiful "white bronze" heart pendant and I think I'm going to have some of him put in there and the rest in a box/urn.

Here is a picture album of his last day. I took pictures at the animal hospital just before he died. Lynx, if any are useful you can use them. Picture #6 shows the bloat the best. Remember, he was only 760g.

http://imageevent.com/lgrace/wptheend

mmercedesmom
Supporter in '09

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:27 am

I am so sorry WalterP is gone Athena. Hugs to you and your kids.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:23 am

I'll hold onto one of the pics in case I write a page on bloat.

It is so painful to look at him. I am sure you are still hurting.

52 posts