HELP ME!- all six of them have this!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:33 am

Hope you get it soon and that it clears up the problem. Let us know!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:04 pm

After two days of syringe feeding Meisie and giving her water with a syringe as well, relaying with my husband to take care of her 24/24, she passed away this morning around 6:30.
She was the oldest of our girls and one that we rescued from our local *shelter* ( a kind of old barn run by a gentleman and a couple of volunteers taking care of animals since ages; we don't have S.P.C.A.).
She died alone, while our back were turn and we thought we would let her rest a bit, maybe stressing her too much with our care. I so regret not being by her side while she crossed the bridge!
My little girl Maïté was quite shaken but now after explaining her that Meisie is in Heaven with her cat and grandma, she feels better...or we like to think so. we talked to her about nice grass fields with loads of dandelion leaves that Meisie would feed on.
She was too old for this fight, too tired. The only balm on my heart is that the last legs of her life, she had it beautiful with us who truly loved her. I cried all the tears in my body, put her in a very nice blankie, warm ( silly, hu?), in a nice box and my *adoptive* son will take her later and go to his fiancée's farm and bury her where the soil is not too frozen.
I miss her already.........I miss my girl........

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:18 pm

I'm so, so sorry you've lost Meisie. It's so frustrating when you can't get a vet to help you help your pigs. How is the rest of your herd? Vanille?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:26 pm

I'm very sorry. Meisie had such a loving and caring home with you and your husband.

Good thoughts for the rest of your guinea pigs, and extra hugs for Maïté.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:32 pm

I'm so very sorry.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:26 pm

I'm sorry.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:32 pm

I am so very sorry you lost her, 1aicha.

glade
Even Republicans Give!

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:34 pm

I am sorry about Meisie. My thoughts are with you and your family.

amy m guinea

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm so sorry about Meisie. It is only natural to wrap her in her blanket. I wrapped my first pig in his cuddle cup, a towel around him, a small carrot and piece of apple next to him, and two letters from me and my daughter tucked in next to his side that told of how we would miss him.

I wish the best for you and your family.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:14 am

Meisie, a few hours before her death.
Thank you all for your kind words. it help me through this day!

The rest of the gang is doing better. But I am in a dilemma. I will receive Program this week surely. With the Holidays, post has been eclectic . I am not sure if I should stop griseo as it gives results with the others. But continue with ivermectin and baths and Monistat anyway for sure. Should I go on with griseo now that I see some results or is it that the Ivermectin is effective and what I see has nothing to do with the Griseo thing?
The worse that can happen is that their Griseo cure will be followed by Program. As much as I read on the net, it seems that their are a lot of opinions but mostly about dosages and the lenth of time you should give the medications in case of Ringworm. BTW, it IS ringworm. Charlotte has the definite markings behind her ears, can be nothing else but that.

Vanille is growing tiny hairs, drinks a lot, eat very good. No sign of more spreading of the disease.
Charlotte lost some more hair but is very lively, acts like a cavy in fantastic health...so I monitor her more!!
Booboo looks like she has nothing but a bit of hair loss behind her ears.
Neige has lost hair by patches,but no more since she is on Griseo.
Nougat the Brat is doing better, even running in her cage.
Caramel is hving a lot of dandruffs on her back , lost tremendous amount of hair and beside looking silly is doing better. She did lost significant weight before the 4th dosage of Ivermectin.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:29 am

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that your piggies get to feeling better. I can only imagine how stressful it is for you and your family right now. Try and keep you chin up and I will keep you in my thoughts.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:01 pm

Program arrived.
Will begin with program only if needed.
Very good results so far with the 6 pigs left. hair is growing back, they are more active, seems to scratch and itch less.
Nougat is now with the others. A bit of teeth chattering but no real fights.
I keep on creaming them with Monistat daily too. Griseofulvin once a day, 0.5 ml per pig. They seem used to the routine. It was easier while everyone was on Holidays and could land a hand. The real work will begin this Monday.

I think it is going to take a while for everyone to be able to look at Meisie's pictures.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:39 am

Neige seems to get better faster. hair is growing back quicklt now.
[Image
Vanille is getting more hair by the day!
All great news. Beginning Program probably this Monday.
Saw the vet. She is happy with the results. She prescribed a solution to spray on instead of the cream. It is called ENILCONAZOLE ( Imaverol).
10 ml in 500 ml of water.
Lynx, if the photos are too big, could you let me know how to resize them. I tried in photobucket but they look as big here.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:54 am

They are looking better. It will be so good to have them all healthy and beautiful again. We're still so sad about Meisie, too.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:52 am

Your photos are a fine size. The improvement is wonderful!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Bethie: we are still unable to look at pictures from her. I miss my girl so much. Life has to go on and I try to remember how much she made me happy and love cavies even more if possible!

Lynx: thanks! The improvement is grand! They hate the spraying solution but just like mom used to tell me: it's for their own good..lolol

PaisCashGingGang

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:05 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss. I just got caught up on your thread now and saw that one went across the Rainbow Bridge. Bless her heart and yours.

Hope everyone else continues to do better.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:52 pm

PaisCashGingGang : thank you for your kind words.
Surprisingly my husband is the one that seems even more touched than my lil girl or me by the death of Meisie. He really liked this lil furball and was happy with her the minute we rescued her.
This wonderful husband of mine is a treasure to discover through the years! Him who claimed years ago that beside dogs he had no interest in animals is now the one to serve the cavies their breakfast and to chop some more veggies, just in case of they would be more hungry that day. he also learned to talk *cavy* and they respond to him with loads of wheeking happiness. Too, he buys cat nip and cat treats for our two cats...Yes, he sure doesn't like animals beside dogs:)

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:29 pm

Stopped griseo. program is on.
The results so far are stunning. beside the fact that their hair still isn't fully grown back, they are all /seems in perfect health.
Still spraying them each day and disinfecting the cage with bleach/water each day. My efforts seem to begin to pay off.
I don't wish anyone of you to have to deal with this. Not difficult but what a lot of things to do!!!

LandosMomma

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:33 pm

I just read this thread as well, I"m sorry for your loss. Everyone else is looking great though!

159 posts