HELP ME!- all six of them have this!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:49 pm

here are pictures of what it looks right now..poor lil thing!!!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:22 pm

Ow! Looks painful!

I think your idea of wrapping the hind feet was a good one. Did you clip the toenails shorter first?

Let me know if I it's okay with you if I add these pics to the board.

kokiepbmommy

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:18 pm

Poor sweet babies! That looks so horribly painful. I am keeping them in my thoughts for a swift recovery.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Lynx:
yes toes clipped before. She did not take the bandages off. And we checked to make sure it was not wrapped too tight!!!
She drank a lot tonight but as for eating: not much. a tad this morning then nothing. I am going to try to tempt her with watermelon later. wait, just saw her in the hay...OK, she is eating a bit...Guys, it was easier with my babies than with these cavies...lol
kokiepbmomie:
Thank you for your sweet thoughts! Vanille, the one on the picture, is the most touched by the infection now. On the row, next, is Neige, my tiny white cavy. I creamed these cavies like a mother putting on sunscreen on her children before going to the beach!!!!! LOL

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:59 pm

yes Lynx, I forgot to say: it is ok to add the photos to the board.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:48 pm

Thanks!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:54 am

I hope the treatment starts helping them soon. That looks very sore.

I do like your idea of wrapping Vanille's feet so she could not scratch.

More good thoughts your way!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:09 pm

Today is a better day ( people, keep your fingers crossed).
Vanille's wound is looking better, dryer too; no bleeding and she doesn't scratch that patch since yesterday night. I took the chance of taking off her paw bandages. So far so good. maybe I am tempting the devil. Well I am in for the battle and they will heal even if they don't help..lol Can I tell you I am tired?
Everybody else's wounds are not better but not worse. So I think that we are on the recovery path ( I don't dare to say it too loud).
I disinfect the cage daily with part bleach/part water. I wear gloves, apron, change my clothes after. Their laundry is wash with a tad of bleach as well. If they don't heal then nothing will do.
They have extra good veggies and in extra quantities, even out of season goodies like strawberries. They eat better than some children I am sure!
I love to come here and see you guys care. It helps me go through all I have to here! Thank you for your immense moral support and knowledge!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:37 pm

I thought about something else to dress her feet too: Barbie socks, then taped on. would be even more comfy for them lil paws!
Lots of lil people eating tonight: salad, green beans, blackberries ( no a frank success with that) and carrots. Everybody eats good.
I'll celebrate this fine evening with a glass of wine, pâté and French bread!Hurray, we have things under control!!!

PaisCashGingGang

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:01 am

You are doing a great job with this situation.
I can see it has been very difficult for you and the piggies.

Your piggies are very loved.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:30 am

Good news! Fingers and toes crossed that they keep getting better.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:00 pm

New pictures of the evolution:
around the eye: nothing much
this was taken of the 14th
and this one on the 16 ( today)

My husband went to get more Monistat cream, by the same company he bought a powder-gel called SOOTHING CARE. it seems to be a powder-gel, preventing chafing from moisture, heat and movement. Could it be good??? Maybe to apply after the regular Monistat cream? What do you all think???

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Looks like there is improvement of the skin but more hair loss?

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Yes but only on the top of their head....for now...

CavyGal6680

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:46 pm

I'm so sorry. My baby has been itching more than normal now too. I am not quite sure what to do... but that's in a separate post. I hope yours get better ASAP!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:35 am

Sweet Lord have mercy! All three older piggies are now almost hairless. I have no idea what to do more. Should I already give them another Nizoral bath? The next dose of Ivermectin is in 3 days. I cream them abundantly with Monistat and now I feel I am itching all over too. Psychological? maybe...
I am so discouraged!
I clean and wash and bleach and nothing seems to go better. The wounds heal but the hair loss is increasing dramatically.
Am I ever going to see the end of this?!!!!!!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:44 am

This is so frustrating and stressful for you. It is good that the wounds are healing, though.

I wish I had expert advice for you, but I can only sympathize. I hope they show improvement and more hair after their next treatment.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:50 am

it hurts just to look them!!!
They scratch , itch, cry. I pet them a bit but mainly leave them alone: they must be fed up with me creaming them and manipulating them not so gently to apply the cream.
Can....they die from this?????????

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:17 am

I was thinking too: Lamisil; is this something like Monistat?
In the description in the medical care guide in GL, it is question of Steroids ( Itchy and Scratchy pictures»). Am I supposed to give them that? If so, where can I get this?
Last edited by 1aicha on Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:19 am

Oh no. Poor babies! Did you ever receive a specific diagnosis? Maybe some more vet consultation is in order?

159 posts