Henry- Lice treatment

Feylin

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:08 pm

The advantage comes in .4ml tubes. from the page, 1ml=1cc, yes?

How do you get it out of the tubes (which look like toothpaste tubes) into the syringe without wasting half of it?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:12 pm

Cut the top off the tube. If you have several pigs to dose you won't waste any.

Feylin

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:34 pm

And dispense it from the tube? Or squeze it in to the top of the syringe? Or suck it up with the syringe?

Sorry, i'm not feeling very smart tonight!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Draw up into a 1cc syringe. This is the only way you can accurately dose the pigs.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:40 pm

That's funny about your vet. Thing is, I'm flexible. If I can be persuaded something should be changed or added, I will do so. The info here reflects treatment and care that guinea pigs have gotten from all of you.

Josephine had personal experience (as a vet tech) with serious problems concerning pyrethrin use. She's posted about some of the products that have killed cats and other animals.

You don't have to dilute the Advantage. Measuring like Mum suggests should work well to apportion it among your pigs.

Good luck!

Feylin

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:18 pm

Thanks! I have those syringes.

The vet had obviously never read that page here- I think she's scanned the site before but nothing in depth. She's very interested now to see the collected experience!

To be honest, I'm like the vet. I trust the scientific method to sort things out when it comes to this sort of thing. She learned in school that this was safe, it's been safe so far in her practice and now she'd like some science backing up her decision to change. I bet she'll find Josephine's postings. I found them!

26 posts