Essential oils and fungal infection

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 10:55 am

You can order it from Petshed in Australia here:

http://www.petshed.com/products/item2981.asp

1921kathryn

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 11:18 am

The above photo taken about a week ago, she looking heaps better but the dandruff is coming back and she's hunching alot more

This pic shows her usual hunched position

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 11:57 am

Hunching is a sign of pain. Sounds as if you need to check this out a little further with the vet.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 3:36 pm

The Clotrimazole should help. Ditto on the possibility of pain. Sometimes it takes a while to turn them around.

1921kathryn

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 10:59 pm

Ok, I've missed yesterdays fungal cream treatment cause of the flu, today I'm feeling a bit better.

I'll wash her then use revolution the vet recommended 0.04 that's about a drop isn't it? I'll go get another syringe for the chemist to be sure tho, as all the numbering has come off the other syringes.

Would it be safe to use Clotrimazole fungal cream and revolution at the same time?

Tonight I order the oral cat program it worked for Michigan Joes pig

I don't have faith in my vet, she won't consider it's fungal, I feel I need to treat aggresively for both fungal and mites

She's crutsting around the eyes agrhhh!!!! I don't know if it's a reaction to the creams/oils, fungal coming back or something worse like URI. agrhhhh!!

DEEP BREATH
I'm trying very hard to think positive

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 11:01 pm

Be sure you dose the Revolution according to the instructions here:

https://www.guinealynx.info/dose_calculator.html

You want to give enough.

You can use the antifungal cream and the revolution at the same time (not in the same spot though).

Watch closely for signs of a URI if her eyes are crusting up.

1921kathryn

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Mum could you double check dosage for me

Wanita weights 500g
Revolution is 60mg/ml selamectin, comes is 3 0.25 little tubes

Suggested dosages is 0.0835 cc

What is cc by the way?

Thanks

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 11:19 pm

Yes, your dose is correct. You have to have a 1cc needleless syringe to measure this properly. The number you're looking for on the syringe is right down at the bottom, just under the 0.1 mark. It's only going to be a drop or two.

1921kathryn

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 11:22 pm

Thanks heaps for that Mum, I'm off to get the syringe now. x

1921kathryn

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 4:50 am

Right, 1st application of Revolution done! Felt like a real junkie squirting the little tube into a teaspoon then syringing it up. Hopefully if she does have any mites and is resistant to invermectin she should show an improvement soon

Her hair is growing back thick and fast, is the fungal cream going to be effective? I mean I have to use an awful lot to make sure it penetrates the skin thru all the that hair, I feel very guilty stopping the cream for 2 days but the flu has just knocked me out.

Next in line for this evening is the ordering of Oral Program for cats, do I have to wait and finish the revolution treatments before I use this?

I weighed her tonight she's put on a little weight 25-50g YEAH!!

I'm such a stress head!

I'm changing my user ID to stresshead

1921kathryn

Post   » Wed May 07, 2008 9:23 am

Wanita is doing GREAT!!!!!!YEAH!!!

Can't believe the turn around in her health and appearance over the last 24 hours, all this hard work has paid off, she's a new piggy it's quite unbelievable, she's running around like she's on speed and I couldn't count how many times she's pop corned tonight. Her posture is long and relaxed. I think her months of suffering are finally over...........and I think I'm in love x :)

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed May 07, 2008 9:24 am

Wonderful news!