Essential oils and fungal infection

1921kathryn

Post   » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:55 am

Yeah Lynx, ivermection several times, revolution 2 dosages

1921kathryn

Post   » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:01 am

Still yet to try program and the lyme sulphur dip , maybe this might "see it off".

Anyway I just needed to a have a whine, there are alot more seriousously ill piggies in this forum. I 'm sure I'll eventually clear it up

Get to it wise ones!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Oh, I'm sorry that Wanita's problem has possibly returned.

I believe that Sstroh's Stella has a recurrence at one point, too. I linked to her thread on page one.

Sending more good thoughts!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:31 pm

Kathryn, the fungal problem may well reappear for a little while but it shouldn't get nearly as bad as before as you know what you're dealing with and have the means to control it and stop it.

After my recent problem with fungal on Tiggy and now Chilli, I would say that on my pigs the fungal flakey bits were more sticky than the usual dry flakes you associate with dry skin dandruff/scurffing. If the hair comes out the flakes are pretty well stuck to the hair shaft. The hair is also a little greasier in the affected areas. Would this be similar to Wanita?

While Tiggy ended up with little bald patches, Chilli is showing some hair thinning in the affected areas like Wanita. Both my piggies also got the Daktarin oral gel and initially Olive Oil soaks. I now have Gorgeous Guineas shampoo and melt which I'm using on Chilli and so far seem to be working. Tiggy is now fine and all her hair grown back.

Since Wanita had such a bad case, it is likely to take longer and her immune system may take a while to come back to full strength. Same could possibly be said for the hair shafts that were affected as the fungal spores get right in there. You've worked wonders with her to get her back to where she is now. :·)

1921kathryn

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:58 am

Hi everyone, I think this may be my last post regarding Wanita and her fungal condition! Looks like all that hard work has payed off! It's been 4-5 weeks and she appears fungal free :)

She weighs 750g and is just over 1 year old, I don't know if she'll put on much more weight since I think her illness has stunted her growth

I just LOVE her even more now, I've invested so much time & tears on this dear little creature and she's worth every second. I hope that the rest of her life is a good one free from illness

I spoil her ROTTEN! She is totally free range in the house, gets the best fresh grass everyday, I grow veges and herbs for especially for her.

Boy does she LOVE apple she turns into a psycho pig when she hears me crunch on one, my partner sometimes eats apples in isolation so he doesn't have to witness her "turning" and share his with her ;)

Anyway I thought I'd show a do a few more pics , we love a happy ending don't we? Check out the long strands of hair behind her ears NICE!

LONG LIVE THE CAVY :) xx

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:04 am

She is so cute. Congratulations! All your hard work has paid off for everyone. Keep updating with cute pictures in Cavy Chat!

MissPiggy

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:27 am

She's gorgeous, you have worked wonders with her. Well done!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:34 am

1921kathryn, thanks so much for the update! It is wonderful to see her looking so good!

Can you do a summary of her treatment and what you think finally worked?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:35 am

She looks so happy and beautiful. :)

1921kathryn

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:45 pm

Lynx, will I do the summary here or start another thread?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:00 pm

A summary of her treatment here would be great. Thanks!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:58 pm

She's stunning. My goodness. What a great job you've done.