Mr. Piggy Hooting

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:29 pm

No. You will need two clones, one for upstairs, one for downstairs, and one for your friends and family. ;-)

Edit: no, three. One to sit and watch baby pigs all day.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:27 am

I posted this on the sticky but realized this morning that was probably not the place to do it. Wasn't thinking!

Mr. Piggy has been on his meds for a couple of weeks now. We started him on furosemide (.2mls twice a day). Then we added benazapril a week later.

I was looking over the different dosages and would like to make sure he's getting the correct dose of benazapril. It is compounded at 4ml/mg and he receives .25 ml twice a day. I've cut back on his furosemide to .15 and he seems to still be doing well.

He has proclaimed himself free range now. He don't need no stinkin' cage! :) I leave the front grids off of his cage and he comes and goes as he pleases. He prefers to sleep under the other cages (which are RIGHT NEXT to his his cage) and he can get back into the cage when he is hungry. I have an extra water bottle set up outside the cage so he has water available all the time and there is always hay on the floor! Or he can grab his own hay through the grids. Silly pig.

slfalzone

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:08 am

Oh oh oh!! I am so very sorry that I have not been around here much other than asking questions about Teddy - sorry for being so self absorbed but I'm barely keeping it together here.

Mr Piggy! You saved him - I haven't read the whole thread yet and am not equipped to help medically but I am saying prayers for you!

Thank you so much for all your efforts - you are a superstar!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:42 am

Sounds like a happy pig! I'll let people experienced with this drug comment.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:20 pm

More cheers for Mr. Piggy! He is enjoying the free range life. :)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:36 pm

*snort* I'll make sure not to step on him the next time I visit. :-)

4 mg/mL x 0.25 mL = 1 mg, given twice a day = 2 mg per day. I am 98% sure that's the correct dose (i.e., that Mum and Pinta have used).

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Sigh. Mr. Piggy going to vet tomorrow at 10:00 am. Soonest I can get him in. His chin is all wet, not eating...sounds like he needs his teeth trimmed. Right?

He smells bad too. From his mouth. I'm tearing up lettuce and parsley in really small pieces. He's getting a little down. Will do Critical Care as well, very mushy. Anything else?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:54 pm

No other ideas -- just hoping for the best!

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Sounds like what Elvis would experience when he needed a trim. Although he would keep trying to eat, he just couldn't do it well.

Good luck tomorrow! I'm thinking good thoughts for Mr. Piggy.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Syringe him water if he's not drinking from his bottle.

Good luck to him and to you. I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:15 am

Sending good thoughts for Mr. Piggy, and I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. He is such a great guy.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 am

He handled the anesthesia well today. That was what I was very worried about since he's a heart pig.

Definitely an infection going on. Xrays show something - not sure if it's abcsess or tumor. One of the pre-molars is affected and most likely needs to come out. Dr. A is consulting with another vet, as she is not that experienced with tooth removal, only trims.

I have the pictures and will try to upload, or send to Lynx, to get them posted.

We came home with a regiment of two antibiotics, SMZ and Baytril, a probiotic, Metacam and she'll get back to me when she has talked to other vet. Of course, CC and water still being syringed.

Poor little dude. He's trying to eat. He is chewing on some hay right now.