Post HERE to give general consent for copying pics to forum-

-ly-

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:30 pm

I can sure do that. I can make an illness gallery that you can load on your server and have a sister illness gallery on my site as well if you don't mind. It will take me a couple weeks or more to get it done.

Would you mind if I use the gl background and I can do the colors of the pages in the same colors as the forum. I can upload some examples of different styles of galleries and let you choose the one you like best.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:51 pm

Several people have given me permission to use their photos here. I can't speak for them as far as giving permission to have their photos used elsewhere. Maybe the two galleries will be slightly different (maybe you'd have a larger selection of some illnesses and I'd have a smaller selection). We'll have to decide how to do it later.

-ly-

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:53 pm

Email me about it if you don't mind and we can discuss more through email. That way you can tell me what kind of illnesses you would like listed.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:58 pm

It will take a while to come up with things (I would have to go through the photos and reference forum). Do you know what programs a server requires to run it? I might not have the necessary stuff on this server. I should set up a subdomain for you to test out to see if it will even work.

-ly-

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:18 am

I should be able to do it in html pages. I can resize photos down into thumbnails and include several on a page in tables and they can click the photos for larger images. Then under the images I can post complete and detailed descriptions of the illnesses and how they were treated, or however you want it done.

I don't work and I often have nothing to do but play games on the net or on the computer and hang out around gl and cavycages. It would give me something to do and make me feel useful, something my son never makes me feel except when it comes to dinner time, lol.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:55 am

Cool. Sounds like we could build up some case histories here. Lately I've been working on doing some updating in the guide. It's slow but I hope to add a few new pages and reorganize things a bit.

By the way, be sure to give yourself credit at the bottom of the page, something like , "HTML & Layout courtesy of Ly" or your name if you wish.

-ly-

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:42 pm

Ly is the first two letters of my name. My actual name is Lycrecia.

I can go through some of the medical threads and pull case histories up and write some up and send them to you for approval. I know you are a busy woman most of the time. I don't mind helping out at all. I love this site so much and have learned a great many things of which I try to pass on to others. I have been to other gp forums (of which I read threads and think how stupid these people are) and the only other forum I like is cavycages. The rest are inferior in my opinion.

I think I would rather do a large very detailed medical/illness section complete with photos here for you than doing one on my site. I would rather just put a nice link from the cavy gallery to it instead. Do you have plenty of room for it? I should ask that first.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:24 pm

That would be great. One of the big problems we have with the forums as a reference and sending people to threads is that it takes so long to find the info you need. And even if you go to a good thread, one may need to wade through pages to find what you're looking for.

Html pages are also much more searchable and will be of more use to people using google to find out something about an illness.

I think mite photos would be a good place to start -- I'm thinking of a terrible case CP and Chary had. They included a number of photos. A short history and chronology would be helpful. In order to prevent them from chewing on their flesh, they needed to be bandaged. There are other examples, but that is one that sticks out in my mind. I think some clear but not as horrible examples might be useful for people to realize their pig might have mites (if their pig is not in the most painful, worst state, with open sores and lots of hair loss, they may deny that their pig has such an awful problem because it has not progressed so far).

Pigs that are cared for and fed poorly have poor immune systems and often get hit with mites harder than our healthy pigs.

A very unusual name -- the kind one finds in romance novels, no?

-ly-

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:49 pm

I was named after Hank William's step daughter, Lycrecia Williams. But yeah now that I think about it, it does sound like a name you might find in a romance novel, lol.

I was thinking of starting with mites and then doing something on URI's. I know wading through threads is going to take some time. But I am going to do a lot of copying/pasting into ms word of the important stuff then come up with a nice wording. Here is one format I was thinking about.

Photos would be at top and each would have a reference #.
then underneath the photos something along these lines:
Name of Illness: Mites (list type of mites)
Signs and Symptoms: (list of all the various signs and symtoms from mild to severe)
Treatment(s): (list all treatments and whether it can be treated at home or by a vet)
Case histories: (names of slaves with severe mite infestations in their pig(s) and then the history and chronology and using references to go with the photos).

I still have many ideas going through my head but I wanted to see what you thought about it.

LER

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:56 pm

I believe I've got some photos of abscesses and an eye injury, you are welcome to use them . . .

chii
I Love Lucy

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:31 pm

I don't think I ever gave consent here. Feel free to use any of mine.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:02 pm

FYI, Josephine has gotten me away from using the word "symptoms". It really only applies to humans, who can verbalize their problems. I try to use the word "signs" and "signs of illness" as they are more accurate.

With the mites, you can give a link to the mite treatment information.