Three just north of Atlanta, GA have until Tuesday

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:36 pm


Can y'all tell if George has roaning? I worry about the babies in Mia if he is. I sure hope there are no lethals.

User avatar
Jennicat

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:38 pm


They're all beautiful, but George does look (in my extremely inexpert opinion) like a roan piggie.

User avatar
babytulip07

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:30 pm


He looks like he has roaning to me too but that doesn't mean Mia will 100% have a lethal. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but its something like there's a 20% (maybe 40%?) chance of having a lethal.

User avatar
Feylin

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:26 pm


George! He looks like such an adorable fluffball.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:50 pm


Oh. My. God.

Compared to Monday, it looks as if StF has in fact already bathed them. The difference just a few days in clean conditions makes is astonishing.

Nala is looking vastly better. You rock.

User avatar
WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:02 pm


Pigs look sosooo much better! George looks like he may have fungal around his eye. I would keep watching that and make sure it does not increase in size. Is it moist looking? From the pictures, George does look like he has roaning, and a lot of it. The girls look like they don't so that is a good thing. I know they can still be carriers, but definatly better than visably having it (or so I would think). I would contact Salana and have her check out your pictures and see what she thinks and what the odds are for the babies, just so you can better prepare yourself.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:51 pm


Weaver, the area around his eye does not look moist. I'm hoping Dr. A will give me a better idea of what's going on with him on Saturday. He has a spot on his rear end (kind of like what Isabelle had, but not as bad) with hairloss too.

They've had 1 treatment of Ivermectin so I would imagine that is helping them feel better too.

Nala is SUCH a cutie. I love her face. It reminds me of the baby pig Napolean. Who's pig is that? Kermie's?

Tammy

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:01 pm


Yup, George looks like a roan but Mama Mia does not. So slight chance there might be a lethal?

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:09 pm


STF, you do amazing work, they look gorgeous!!!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:57 pm


I haven't really done anything. I gave them a bigger cage, better food and TLC. Y'all would've done the same thing. I really can't take credit for anything other than being there for them! I am just so glad they are getting happy here.

Fourboys4now

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:07 pm


They look so much better with you. Nala looks like a little lion in her picture. Mia is pretty too. Please give George a kiss from me. I'm still in love with him.

EllieMom

Post   » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:57 am


It's like watching a episode of "Extreme Makeover: Guinea Pig Edition." What a change! They're beautiful pigs.

User avatar
crazycheryl

Post   » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:38 pm


Hey girlie - do you need/want some help on Saturday?

User avatar
rshevin

Post   » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:42 pm


If both parents are roans there should be a 25% chance any offspring will be lethal (1 out of every 4). 50% offspring will be roan, 25% chance "normal." These statistics only hold for "large" populations though and assumes roaning has normal dominant/recessive inheritance patterns.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:01 pm


crazycheryl, are you itchin' to get your hands on these beauties?!!!

If y'all want to meet us there you are more than welcome to! :)

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:24 pm


Marsha, the beds came today! I can't wait to take them upstairs and give them to the foster group. It's funny, I have the winter bears sak for my guys too!

User avatar
WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:28 pm


So glad that you got them :) I hope they enjoy them!

***don't mind the WEAVER pigs' stray hairs proving they are VERY used ;p

Fourboys4now

Post   » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:53 pm


Weaver, you are so nice and wonderful to send the beds to her foster babies. Thanks for being such a great person!

User avatar
WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:35 pm


No problem at all. I really like to help out whenever I can. These were just older beds that I had from my own herd that I was not using at the moment. I am glad that she was able to put them to good use. Every piggie deserves a bed, even if it is a used one :) I guess the good thing is they are already broken in and very pee-proof--lol

STF, I wanted to share with you, and meant to in a letter with your beds, but have not had a moment to write it, and I wanted to get those beds out to you ASAP...anyways, the two little beds (the pink strawberry, and the yellow star) were once Baby Nellie beds. I have held onto them all of this time, why I am not sure. I guess it is like holding onto favorite baby clothes once your kids grow out of them. Anyways, I thought the time has come for me to pass them along and give them to your "babies-to-be". I think Baby Nellie would have liked to have her little beds reused by some homeless pups seeing she knew what it was like to be small and homeless as well. Maybe now, the little unborn babies have a guardian angel looking over them. I would like to think so ((hugs)).

Fourboys4now

Post   » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:39 pm


Weaver, you just made me start crying when I read about the beds you gave to STF that Baby Nellie used and them being used by the unborn babies. You have a way with your pictures and your words.

Post Reply
245 posts