New rescue - Clementine

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:15 am

Awe, she's cute! Sometimes when I want to do something Lady Bug doesn't she reminds me of a cat-no bones and gets out of everything.

Suisan

Post   » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:17 am

You bad person, preventing her from eating while she suffers under your care! Have you no shame?

Seriously though. What a great job you're doing with her. She may hate you right now and your damnable tube socks, but at some point when she's got hair everywhere she should, she's really going to thank her guardian angel for sending you to make her well.

Poor itchy, crabby, muttering thing.

Jennicat

Post   » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:28 am

I suppose it's a testament to how much better she feels that she is complaining and squabbling with me. When she first came she would just lie and let me do whatever I had to.

Feylin

Post   » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:11 am

Can you cut the vet wrap in half length wise and use that to anchor it in her front? Maybe a skinnier vet wrap won't bother her legs as much.

I'm going to try your coconut oil method on my boys tomorrow. Your thread was so helpfull! Tell Clementine that if she can't be comfortable, she's at least a good example for others.

Jennicat

Post   » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Just an update on sweet Clementine. I hadn't realized how much better she'd gotten until I reminded myself with pictures. Here is our sweet girl just now:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/258 ... fb04_o.jpg
[DO NOT POST SUCH BIG PICS! -- Lynx]
She's napping next to a Weaver-bed thoughtfully donated by bandi for the ACR&S piggies. She loves it to pieces!

We took her off of metacam and added prednisone about 4 days ago, and it's made a bit difference. She is still having scratching fits, but she is not damaging herself anymore, and the wounds on her shoulder are finally started to close up.

I tried wrapping her several times, and each time she was left alone with it, she would panic, and start running full speed around the cage, squealing fearfully and hitting the cage walls.

We also added an organic oatmeal and aloe dog shampoo that I found, and it has made a world of difference. It keeps her skin very moist and nice. It claims on the bottle that it will help wounds, and it does seem to have helped hers, they did finally close and stop weeping, and she is not damaging them anymore.

She has become such a beautiful girl, and she is very friendly. She takes all her medicine in the mornings like a good girl, and likes having head rubs.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:07 pm

She looks so good! Keep up the good work. Your efforts ARE paying off.

rshevin

Post   » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:24 pm

Oh yes she is definitely improving. I'm glad you got her the prednisone. Not that the metacam was a bad idea at all, but the steroids just seem to work well in this situation. Her fur is starting to look shiny too.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:33 am

Wow! She looks so much better. You're doing a great job.

Suisan

Post   » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:34 am

What a fantastic job you're doing!! She looks simply amazing.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:09 am

Clementine looks wonderful, and so much happier. :)

Jennicat

Post   » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:19 am

We did it! She had an entire day with no scratching, screaming fits.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Please take the time to take some satisfaction in what you have done, and are doing, for this girl. You deserve to.