piggy tumor

Brenda B

Post   » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:06 pm

Wow, I was impressed at first thinking your piggy could use the computer. :0

Weaver posted to me on my thread for Sierra that when her pig had this issue flagyl finally did the trick. She even called her vet to confirm it. Make sure you do it for atleast 10 days!

Sierra had no problems with the flagyl. Actually took ir easily too.I still gave probiotics with her vit c but flagyl is given for diarrhea so it usually does not cause it.

I have good thoughts about this for you. Also, it may take 2 full treatments. It did for Sierra to really improve.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Ha ha. Yes, Elle is so special she can use the internet. I'd been keeping it a secret.

I think I remember the Weaver post and I knew you had used the flagyl for Sierra. My daughter said she had trouble getting Elle to take it tonight.

I'm hoping for the best and thank you for your thoughts.

Brenda B

Post   » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:50 pm

I hold Sierra backwards against my chest sort of upright when I give meds. It makes it easier. She did take a few doses to get used to it too though. The albon was different, she ate that off of a spoon!

Good luck and let us know how she does.

Brenda B

Post   » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:06 am

Any luck with the flagyl?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:06 pm

Don't know yet. My daughter just noticed crusty stuff on Elle's nose so I just called the vet. He's finishing up surgery so it shouldn't be long before he calls back.

One worry after another. I hope we can get this little pig through to good health.

Brenda B

Post   » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:36 pm

Oh no. Maybe the crusty stuff is dried medication? If she resisted it could have gotten on her face?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:45 pm

Well that's what I thought but my daughter didn't think so. She's the one who gave the med. She's 22, btw, so I'm not having a child do this.

I'm not seeing any other symptoms.

Brenda B

Post   » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:49 pm

It does not seem possible that she could have a URI since she just finished bactrim. I hope it is just some med or food that she got on her. PLease keep us posted!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:58 pm

OK - thanks for the support.