Otis' Medical Thread (Polyp?)

Topaz

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:44 pm

I'm so sorry, sef.

*hug*

Katrina
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:21 pm

I'm so sorry, sef. I know how much you do to give these guys the best care possible. I'm keeping you and Toby in my thoughts.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:55 pm

I am so sorry he's gone, Sef. I know you tried so hard to give him a good life through it all.

TWP_2

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:19 pm

I'm so sorry Sef.

I believe in my heart that they understand that we are taking care of them the very best we can, right up through the end.

I believe they know, because the moment we have to let them go is the moment we are holding on for all we are worth.

NancyO

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:11 am

Sandy, I'm very sorry to hear about Otis crossing over. You gave him one final gift which was to be free of pain. I know exactly how you feel having lost Oreo just a few months ago to a stone. As you know I felt bad for Guinea his cagemate. I hope Toby will be okay without Otis.

Take care,
Nancy

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:43 am

Thank you for all of the kind words and support. Yesterday was pretty hard; I'm just glad Dr. M was there at such a rough time. She is an incredibly caring person, on top of being an excellent vet.

Brian and I gave Toby a lot of snuggle time last night. He is a gentle, sensitive little guy. It was heartbreaking to see him going back to the spot where Otis had been laying Sunday night and yesterday Monday. He curled up under my chin and slept. I had forgotten what a good little lap piggie he can be.

This morning he was excited about breakfast, although still a little confused about things. Feeding time was always something of a ritual with Otis and Toby...they had their own little "feeding alert" formation: single file, Otis first and then Toby. No wheeking or bar-chewing, just standing at attention. It was cute.

I just hope he does okay.

If everything works out and we get the little Himi on Saturday that we're adopting from South Bend, I might try to pair him up with Toby (the original plan was for the new guy to be Josh's buddy). We'll just have to see how it goes.

Thanks again so much for the concern and support. It has meant a lot.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 am

I'm so sorry about Otis.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:07 pm

Henry was really lonely when Gilbert and Sully died. Jim made a little 2x2 to put next to his desk just so Henry could hang out with him when he was grading papers until we were able to adopt him a buddy.

poppypiggy

Post   » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:34 am

I haven't been around much lately, so I didn't see this until now. I am so sorry that you had to make this difficult decision. Otis was such a beautiful pig, and it seems so unfair that he and you had to go through such a hard time. You are one of the most dedicated piggie moms I know of, but sometimes even that isn’t enough. You gave Otis a wonderful life, and I am sure he knew you did all you could to make him happy and well, and is thankful that you let him go when there was nothing more to be done. Take care!

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:38 am

Take care sef, and hugs to his buddy.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 am

Thank you.

We got a nice sympathy card from the vet and her staff yesterday, which was also appreciated.

Toby seems a little lonely, and initial intros with Henry and Josh (separately, of course) haven't looked too promising. I have also noticed that Toby seems to be having some teeth trouble, so he'll be going to the vet next week for a dental exam...I can't see anything wrong with his incisors, so I want her to take a good look at his molars.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Sany I am so sorry about Otis. I do not know how I missed this. Oh darn, just another sad loss. Poor Toby. Heck poor you and Brian too. I know you are all very sad. How is Brian taking it? He is such a gentle and loving man with the animals. Hugs to you both and also to little Toby.

God Speed Otis, please say hello to little Zachary for me too.
xo

Maybe Toby will learn to like Henry and Josh (and the other way too). I hope they won't be to rough with him.